Random heart palps? Should I worry?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Been having heart palps the last few days. And when I say heart palps, I mean that fluttering breathing feels weird feeling. No dizziness with it or pain. I just start taking deep breaths to see if it helps.

My anxiety has been bad the last few days, more than usual. I just finished a z-pack this week. That's the only thing I can thing of that would cause this? I feel like it keeps happening but then I can't tell if my mind is starting to play tricks on me because I'm nervous about it lol

I was at doc Wednesday for another reason and had physical therapy today (where it was taken multiple times) and my BP was good at all places. I've always had a fast heart rate (100 usual / 88-90 resting).

Within the last year I've had some chest pain (sharp feeling; due to other reasons) which I've had a nuclear stress test, tons of EKGs, lots of blood work, 24 holter monitor, and an echocardiogram. They're all normal.

This feeling is unsettling tho. Should I worry?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

You've had all the heart test and all have come back fine

Reduce your stress and if you're a coffee lover stick to 1 cup before 11 or none of you can

I think it will go away when you settle down

I've had palpitations (flutter) and rapid hard beats for about 4 weeks, still waiting for my echo

But days that I don't work I have none at all and feel fine soon as I go back into work they appear when I get off

• Posted

Yeah I don't drink caffeine because of my anxiety so it's not that.

I hope they figure out what's going on with you too. I know they say they aren't anything serious but it's still a scary feeling!

• Posted

Just try to relaxsmile I am a huge caffeine lover and I can drink 5 cups throughout the day and red bulls and no symptoms, but if I'm worried about my heart even if it's in the back of my mind I instantly get them

My current obsession is MVP as I was told I have heart murmur and that's why I'm going for the echo, if all comes back normal but I am skeptical it will it must just be anxiety, I hope you feel better!

• Posted

Thank you! I'm actually still having them. Or at least I feel like I am. Gotta love health anxiety lol I keep trying to tell myself I've had all those tests but I'm like "what if this is something new?" you know? 

I know quite a few people with heart murmurs that live normal lives so I think you'll be ok I'm that area. It would make me anxious too but sometimes logic is our only answer. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.