chest pain for 7days

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have had severe chest pains for a week now. I would describe them as feeling like someone stabbing me in my chest. Most of the time it's on my right side above my breast. It does however move to the left side. Nothing makes it better except taking a benadryl and going to sleep. Certain laying positions do make it worse. I have been to the dr iv had xrays, ekg and blood work done and all came back good.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

sounds like me. hospital told me it might be musculoskeletal chest pain n take pain killers But no proper diagnosis. I had same tests and a ct scan. I'm on day 17 of it now sad it's been up and down and subsided a little then gone back to same as day 1. I'm 30 fit healthy dance teacher. I'm going to book a appointment with my gparents Monday as it's riduculpus. What did they say to you?

• Posted

I was in A&E last night with the same pain and they said to be is musculoskeletal and they have given me co codamol to take

I had ECG, bloods and chest X-ray and all fine, infact the doctor said my heart is pristine!!

I'm hoping the relief that it's nothing serious helps ease the pain and anxiety

• Posted

They didn't give me anything said take a paracetamol if need rolleyes doesn't touch the pain. Ibruprofen helps but only temporarily. It's not right to feel these aches stabs all over I don't feel I can act normal in my life. Nearly 3 weeks enough is enough I need answers n a remedy. I can't believe how they just send ppl away :-(

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.