BI Lateral

Posted , 14 users are following.

Ok....my right hip on December 13th and left hip on December 15th....and yes i cant stop thinking about it! Just a touch worried.

2 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Next
  • Posted

DO not worry, I had both mine done under spinal same day in August, 15 weeks post op now.  

​I will not lie it is hard, but imagine no more hip pain, there is pain through healing ... any questions just ask...

​Are you having GA or Spinal with sedation?

• Posted

Hi Rodney....Quite a lot to go through, YYY? Both at the same time??? YIKES!!!

Best of luck and if it has to be it has to be...I am looking forward to reading more from the regular posters here and I will post again when I know more about you and get to know you better.  Till Later Ian.

• Posted

Hi Rodney welcome to this site. So understandable your worried.

You will so be in the care of good people who know what their doingI had RHR June 29th this year and feeling so well.

I am sure other hippies will chat with you who have had both hips done. All very supportive.

Keep us all posted and good luck.

Julie🖒

• Posted

Hi Rodney, I just had my right hip done a little over a week ago. My doc wants me to fully recover before doing my left. I have no problem in waiting.. it's been a little rough for me. Have complete faith that all will be just fine. Many positive thoughts & prayers going out to you!

• Posted

Hello Rodney. I had both my hips done last week on November 15. I had been experiencing osteoarthritis in both hips for 5 years. The arthritis pain is  gone and I can already tell that my range of motion is going to be so much better. The first 3 days were tough but since then every day has gotten a little better. The pain is not bad at all after the first few days. Hang in there. You'll get through this and be better for it.

• Posted

Hello Jim. I am having both my hips replaced December 22nd. Did you have posterior approach or anterior?
    • Posted

Hey Rita. Both hips were done using the posterior approach on November 15. So far everything is going well and I'm getting stronger every day. I'm still  using a walker. I would like to stop using it but I don't think I'm ready.  Other than that the other major challenge was getting into and out of bed but I've mastered that. I wish you the best of luck. You'll do fine. The first 3 days were the toughest but then things get much better. Let me know if I can help.

jim

• Posted

Hey Jim, glad to hear your doing well. Thank you for the boost! Be well.
  • Posted

hi rodney, 

warm welcome to this wonderful hippies forum where we share our personal stories and experiences - the best forum to get support and unconditional love and understanding ..

There are many members here who had bilateral THR surgery and I am sure they will be able to answer many concerns and questions ...

I just want to ask : why are the surgeries 2 days apart instead of same day?

love to hear back from you

big warm hug

renee

• Posted

I asked him the same and his answer was...If after the first if I still wanted the second he'd do it but not the same day.

• Posted

interesting answer .... 

To be honest, I don't think I would have been able to tell surgeon to go ahead with other hip 2 days post-op from 1st one ...

why do you need thr surgery ?  I had severe OA diagnosed in right hip and at 6 weeks follow up appointment left hip joint showed bone-on-bone on xray ...

2nd THR within 6 months ...

• Posted

Hi Rodney,

Understandably not easy to contemplate but at least you are getting them over at the same time and although your recovery will be a bit slower, the hips will strengthen together.

I've had both of mine done, but 9 months apart and it has been a long haul.

You've come to the right place here for all your worries, questions and jubilations when they eventually arrive.

Good luck xx

• Posted

Had both mine done in August.  No hip pain, the best bit!  Recovery is quite a personal thing, but a positive attitude will go a long way!  I'm still using a grab sick, but can reach my ankles for a good scratch!  Good luck!  It's easy to say not to worry, but hard to take that advice. Just think, all over by Christmas and then all you have to worry about is your recovery!  

• Posted

Hi Maureen are you still using crutches?   I have been told I must use them when I go outside as my body is still adjusting, also my knees are not to good.  indoor I am fine without and yes still use my grabber which has been a wonderful purchase

I am 15 weeks post op also. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.