One Problem with Spinal Cord Stimulator

Posted , 4 users are following.

I need a mri on my foot all the local places won't do it cause of the battery.

Tech told me I have to ask for a certain type of machine, found mostly

in hospitals.

Dr is scrambling to locate one for me

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I live in the states and have had to have an MRI since my Stimulator and it was done at a hospital. Did not have to do any searching though.
    • Posted

Steve thank you, as you I live in the states, my tech told me only the hospital can accommate me.

My dr is looking into it

• Posted

Where's your stimulator? Can't they just put your foot in the MRI machine?

• Posted

I have only done once since the surgery but have unfortunately had quite a few MRIs and don't believe it would matter if it was in a Hospital or a independent MRI clinic. I will note I live in the states so don't know how tjat correlates to where you are.

• Posted

My Stimulator is in my left side above the buttons. Concerning doing an MRI of just the foot, I am not an expert but don't know why they would do more than your foot as it moves you in and out of the machine as needed.

• Posted

Hi Steve

You can only find the MRI that would do it in a hospital

Local places are not equiped for it

Paul

• Posted

Gabriella

My stimulator is on my r/s lower back

Local MRI's won't do it, only the hospitals will,

I live in the states

Hope all is well

Paul

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.