Depressed after taking norethisterone

Posted , 2 users are following.

I took the pills for a week because I went overseas and while I'm used to my period coming more than three days after the last pill, I always feel extremely depressed after stopping the pill. I cry a lot and out of no where. I feel very lonely too and everything that usually makes me sad, makes me feel even worse. Is this normal and what can I do about it? Please help! sad

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

If its only while and a little after taking the meds i dont think u need to do anything it could b just due to the fact ur adding another hornone into ur bodys mix and throwing off ur own for a bit!? Ive taken them to b4 an dont remember ur symptoms but ur not tsking them regularly and if its short lived i think u just wait it out
    • Posted

Alright then, just that the past week has been excruciating when it comes to my emotions and I didn't want to get Anti-depressants because that would mean adding more pills into my system. Wasn't so bad before. Thanks so much Hun!!

• Posted

Like id say id try and ride it out if u think its coz of the meds it should b short lived

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.