Vulva biopsy

Posted , 6 users are following.

Had a biopsy done on Vulva just over a week ago due to itching.

She didn't not do the biopsy on the dark itchy spots, and instead did it on a small lump she found. I'm concerned that the biopsy may show nothing as she didn't do it where my symptoms are the worst.

Is it possible to ask her to do another biopsy where the actual problem is? Or could the lump have indicated something as well? I just want to get this problem sorted out, so tired of this itching!!!

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

Before the doctor did the biopsy did she put any iodine on the vulva to see which areas reacted to it? When I had mine I was adamant of the position of the itch, but when the doctor put the iodine on 3 different locations reacted so those were the places biopsies. 

The lump may may also have indicated something. How long will it be until you receive the results? I would ask the doctor about the itchy location too when you return for the results. 

Also was the biopsy undertaken taken by a vulva dermatologist or a dermatologist? Sometimes if it's a good neologism they only biopsy what they see but a dermatologist looks differently at the vulva.

• Posted

Hi I had a biopsy done and my gyno didn't take it from the part that was sore but from a part that looked red as well anyway I waited about to weeks and had a letter telling me they didn't take enough to determine what was wrong and I've been referred to a dermatologist and they will do another biopsy

• Posted

I had a biopsy on october 28th, the dr took it from an area that was not itchy or symptomatic Needless to say, it came back high grade vin 3. I then recieved treatment with MD Anderson in nov. Waiting on pathology. Good luck!
  • Posted

Thanks for the replies! Turns out I have squamous hyperplasia. Not to sure what that is but will do some researching tonight!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.