Chronic Pain All Over My Body

Posted , 6 users are following.

It's been almost 8 years that I've been in noticable pain constantly.  It's all over, gets worse with exercise, seems to be centered around my neck(the most painful area).  I have a headache every day, it never goes away, only can get worse.  All doctors are baffled and I feel like I'm going crazy.  Don't know if it's related, but I also have frequent heartburn and chest pains.  Any ideas?

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Hi dig319

What tests have you had??

• Posted

Hi dig319

In your bloodwork did you have an ESR blood test Erythrocite Sedimentation Rate blood test that tests for inflammation in the body...it sounds as if you have a lot of inflammation going on..if you did not have this blood test i suggest you request one....if your ESR is high then you have inflamnation and will usually be referred to a Rheumatologist.......best wishes....

• Posted

Try taking over-the-counter prilosec. Take it for at least two weeks straight and see how you feel after that. Take one in the morning 30 minutes before you eat breakfast and one 30 minutes before dinnertime. They are 20mg. capsules. Try it. I had the same feelings you are experiencing. I had GERD. It effected my whole body until I got the acid to calm down. If that makes your symptoms go away or calm down, go see your doctor. If your symptoms ease but don't go away, your doctor can prescribe you something stronger that will take it away and you only have to take it once a day. I am sorry for your pain. I hope you feel better soon.

• Posted

As for the GERDS Nexium is the strongest one OTC. So if Prilosec doesn't work I'd try Nexium next or try it first. I can explain the heartburn and chest pain. The all over pain I simply I don't. It would be helpful to know what tests have been run as lilian05079 as asked.

• Posted

You should look into misalignment of the upper neck caused from muscle imbalances that are created from bad posture....I have personal experience with this and trust me this can throw the entire spine out of alignment. This will create tightness/ stiffness in muscle groups and weakness in others as there is a constant tug a war against gravity....It can get very painful as the spasms squeeze on neurovascular structures in the neck creating headaches, dizziness, nausea, weird vision....chest muscles pec minor and pec major can get very tight amongst many many many other things...I would try a corner stretch for your pecs and see if this helps the chest wall( look up how to do it)... For the neck I would try an exercise called chin nods laying on your back. ( look it up) The goal of this exercise is to try to flex the skull on the first vertebrae in your neck. It is an tiny move with profound results in the relief of neck pain. If it helps most likely this is muscular imbalance and you have a long road to recovery..you will need therapy.
    • Posted

Thank you for the idea, but unfortunately I've already had several scans done of my neck and back and there's nothing they can find wrong. I've tried just about every kind of stretching for it and things like massaging it actually makes it worse. Thank you for your concern.

• Posted

Imaging does not reveal musculoskeletal imbalance....did you have something that started this 8 yrs ago or did you just wake up one day in pain? Can you push into the areas that seem painful and ellicit pain or is the pain too deep for that?
  • Posted

You also didn't mention your age and sex. That might help some how.

• Posted

Have you had your thyroid checked? It's a long shot but it's s simple blood test.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.