Help

Posted , 4 users are following.

What are some good healing ointment that i can put on my incision besides Neosporin i had surgery july and another one in NOVEMBER it look like its healing i juat need to find some good cream that will speed up the process

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi, I would highly recommend J.R. Watkins Apothecary Petro-carbo medicated first aid salve.   It worrks really well on scabs and helping surgical scars.

​Beth

• Posted

I had a spot on my incision that wouldn't heal for weeks. After trying a few conventional things doctor recommended Medihoney ointment (It's not an RX, you can get it on Amazon). It worked very well and closed my wound in just a few days. Hope this helps!

• Posted

Since I am allergic to Neosporin, my doctor recommended Medihoney gel. The package says it is for wound and burn dressing. The back of the tube says it is from Derma Sciences, Inc. at 104 Shorting Road, in Ontario Canada M15 354

Canada 1 800 387 5302

USA 1 800 445 7627 all this information is on the back of the tube. I used for my carpal tunnel surgery on my hand. I got the tube from my doctor's office but it not at the pharmacy. It was from the wound care unit nurses. So I think it is an over the counter ointment.

Another doctor also told me to use Vitamin E ointment which I bought at a vitamin store.

Some people believe it has healing powers, it was called cocoa butter. It was used as a cure all about in the 1930's, 1940's and 1950's,

But I haven't seen it on the shelves lately. It was also used for stretch marks.

I don't know it if of these items will work for you, but I was told that the Medihoney is a medical honey gel. I am sure you could find it on the web My tube is an off colored orange tube.

The tube says it contain 80% active Leptospermum honey.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.