Trying the Yogurt Tampon/Probiotic method? I found an Easy way to get the job done! :)

Posted , 3 users are following.

So, I found a method of delivery that proved easy enough and non-messy if you are trying the method of inserting yogurt (with or without probiotic powder if you'd like) directly into the vagina.  I'm so happy with the result and wanted to share i with as many women as I could (patting myself on the back right now idea..)

You'll need the following things:

*Kotex Super Tampons (or any large barrel plastic applicator tampon but these are cheap and perfectly designed for this)

*A childrens oral medication syringe, 5 ml or larger (you can get one free from lmost pharmacies here in the US)

*Plain Greek Yogurt with live cultures and if desired a probiotic that is in a dissolving capsule

Making the contraption:

Unwrap the tampon and take the "plunger" (part that pushes in) completely off and set aside.  Use the string to pull the tampon half way out the back of the applicator tube. Put the yogurt you want to use in a small bowl. Us the syringe to suck up the yogurt until its full. Wipe off the tip of the syringe completely before the next step (you'll thank me later!). Stick the nose of the syringe into the top opening of the tampon and squirt the yogurt down in until it is halfway full. If you plan on also inserting the probiotic, this is where that step will take place. If not, go ahead and fill it up all the way to just below where the opening starts so it doesn't leak out. T add the probiotic I suggest the following method as sometimes just inserting a capsule results in it not melting enough and you lose some of the billions of good guys you're trying to put in place. Opening the capsule may result in spillage so what I did was pull the capsule apart slightly so I had an “air gap” at th top then I snipped a hoe in the top of the capsule with scissors. I then positioned the capsule into the top opening of the tampon and lightly tapped the powder out into a mound down on the yogurt. Once that was done (no spillage, YAY!) I took the syringe, filled it up again with yogurt and covered the powder and completely filled the applicator the rest of the way.

Insertion:

Insert like you would normally and go as far in as possible. Once application is inside, push the tampon into the applicator all the way. I took time to thread the string through the hole but I don't think its necessary. Then take the plunger and reinsert it into the normal spot and resume pushing it in until it hits the end. When you slide the applicator out you'll notice very little yogurt on the applicator which means its all in you and the tampon literally squeegeed the applicator and all of the probiotic cheesygrin

I put a small maxi pad in place just in case as I'm not sure how much will leak but so far none has and its been about 2 hours.

Hope this helps someone looking for answers and good luck!

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Couple corrections, I snipped a Hole not a Hoe...LOL

Also, it helps to tap the applicator on the side, like a nurse would a shot, as you go along putting the yogurt into the applicator so that the yogurt settles and there are no air bubbles.

Lastly, if you dont wiipe off the syringe nose like I said, it will be very hard the get the powder down there...it will want to stick to the yogurt at the opening.

It may sound like a long process but making it took maybe 3-5 minutes.  

• Posted

Hi

How long have you been doing this for? And has it kept it away? I tried the live yoghurt on a tampon and got covered.... I'll be trying it your way now. Thanks

Jo

• Posted

This is awesome, thank you so much I'm doing this today!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.