Tramadol Hell...

Posted , 5 users are following.

Ive been taking tramadol for 6ish years. In that time it has changed me into a completely different person. I have lost all interest in everything. I cannot make plans with anyone because I WILL back out, I let my looks go, I sleep wayyyy too much and I really dont care if I even get dressed anymore.... I have tried to quit before. Once by detox at a hospital, and once on my own. I relapsed both times. I am starting again tomorrow. What I tell myself is that I cannot ever quit, trying to quit. Period. As long as I want off of it soooo bad, Im going to keep trying. These forums are HUGE to me. I struggle going through withdrawal soooo bad so having people who understand it is priceless. So Thank you all!!!

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi

Best thing to do. I did it. My details are on the site. Possibly you saw them and hopefully it will help.It was not easy. I wish you the best.

• Posted

Hi! I just wanted to let you know im still struggling. I was in hell when you replied and completely forgot to thank you. Im soooo sorry. Im back to square one. I absolutely suck at this. The cravings are what kill me. Ive gone through the withdrawal many times, its the dang cravings that get me back.

So here I go again. Im on cymbalta now and I will start all over again... Im totally disappointed in myself, but one thing is for sure is that I will NEVER quit trying to quit. I dont care how much Ive failed, I refuse to give in to it. Thank you for your reply and also can you tell me how to read your threads on your withdrawal?? I remember seeing a day of it but now I cant figure out put how to get back to it.?? Thank you for your time!!!

• Posted

Hi

I am not sure how to read the threads as i was new when i done it

Can anyone help. Keep on trying. So much better of tramadol. Best of luck.

• Posted

Just looked. Pretty easy. Highlight me and it should bring up my threads.
    • Posted

PERFECT, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!! I will hopefully have good news soon. I will use your posts to help too. Thanks a million!!
  • Posted

FIRST OFF, YOU CAN DO IT! I DID IT! YOU CAN DO IT! IT'S POSSIBLE! Its hard but I kept thinking how I turned into a shell of a person. No life. Friends hurt. Family hurt. Broke (from buying on internet 300$ a month back in early 2014 before it became a controlled substance in Aug here in US) I didnt have a life. I looked like crap. It made me go into menopause at 46! Back story, took for 8 yrs. Normal at first. See it has not pain control but Anti-depressant qualities to it. It increases norepinephrine an serotonin just like Anti-depressant. So it is very hard to stop. Slowly upping dosage. Got fr different Dr's. Using my herniated discs an fibromyalgia as reason to get it. Fast forward to 2014, I was on 15-20 50mg pills a day. Horrible! If I missed one by an hr, withdrawls started. My ending with Tram started in May of 2014. I got sick with a virus an had skipped heart beat an palpitations. I thought it was the Tram (i was really severly dehydrated an potassium critically low. Potassium effects heart beat) so in ER had to finally come clean but was soooo humiliated. But it was like a wt off my chest an I felt good finally admitting it. Dr gave me anti-anxiety pills (Klonapine) an told me to get off anyway I could. So my husband an I talked an I wanted off bad. I had been wanting off for a yr but couldn't because I got so sick. So my Mom paid for me to go to a detox hospital for 5 days ($1800). There I was kept reasonably comfortable but it was still hell. I was in hot shower all time! Restless legs was the worse an not being able to sleep. They started me on Amitriptyline an Klonapine in there. By day 5 I felt ok but I think it was fr the Amitriptyline or the Klonapine. Iv been on 4 diff Anti-depressants since. Depression hit an anxiety an anger. PAWS is real an definitely happens with heavy user. Look it up on how to watch out for it. Thats what Im dealing with. But also emotional things an I had anxiety to begin with an was depressed fr death of our daughter in 2000 an was using the Tram to " make it all better". When you get off I would see a dr about a antidepressant or anti-anxiety med. Yes anti-anxiety meds are addicting but to get over that period where you might relapse, they are worth it to me. Everyone is different an respond diff to quitting. Im now on day 16 of 30mg Cymbalta (since I have fibromyalgia to). Iv tried Zoloft (it worked mentally but physically it mad me very sick.) Lexapro (gained 13lbs in 2 months an slept all time)Prozac (absolutely worse drug ever!) An now Cymbalta. However you do it if you can come clean with a Dr an really let him know you want off for good an need help that would help emmensly. Taking a med to help get off another thats ruining your life, theres nothing wrong with that. I do suggest exercise of some kind. Stay hydrated. Magnesium helps. Hot baths help. You can do it. Just think, when your completely off, you dont have that wt on your chest. Just keep thinking" I WANT A LIFE!" Goodluck!

• Posted

I cannot THANK YOU enough. I am going to read your post constantly until im better!!!!!! What an amazing story and it makes me feel like it IS POSSIBLE to one day be normal again. Im veryyyy sorry to hear about your loss, I cannot even imagine losing a child. Its beyond comprehension, im soooo sorry. I was having troubles in my family and tramadol made that much easier to handle, so I totally get where the tram came into playsad

I started Cymbalta too, I had started before I posted so I thought it was neat you were doing it too. I have tried quitting soooo much that I keep thinking of new ways. I figure replacing that feel good feeling is probably key. Im on 60mg 2x a day!!!!! So here I go again, starting from square one, but neverrrr giving up!!! Thank you tremendously for your support, you cannot imagine how much I appreciate it!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.