Advice please

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello, any advice would be very welcome.

I'm a 33 year old male.

For the last 9 months I have had traces of blood on the toilet paper after or at the end of wiping. Very small amounts but blood never the less.

I have also had looser stools.

I've been to the doctor 4 times and tried anal fissure and piles cream and tried using baby wipes but still traces of blood after wiping.

I worry when I see it and so I keep wiping even when clean and the tiny amounts of blood continue to show on toilet paper. It's definaity coming from inside my bum and not the outside.

All in all I am extremely worried and can't get a doctors appointment for 2 weeks.

Any advice?

Thank you

Sam

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Demand a colonoscopy asap - -(don't they have an emergency appointment system at your practice ?  wink So try asking for an emergency appointment.

Then when you see a doc put your case forward as not 'normal' - and that you want positive action now !

and

How much longer do they want you to put up with this situation ?

Be pushy !!!

Don't be put off  too easily !

Susan.

• Posted

Being worried won't give you a diagnosis -I am only telling you this because  - your problem should be sorted out now.

Of course you may have polyps (pre cancerous growths) or haemorhoids ?

But until you see an expert it's all down to guessing ?

I had cancer (colon) and am twice your age and didn't know I had anything as serious as that until it was told to me!

So phone or call in at your local GP surgeryt (are you in U>K)? And ask for an emergency appintment.

You must look after yourself no matter how young/old you are. I have always done so-but my family history wasn't good re: cancer-Was told my diet didn't make any difference my cancer was down to genetics!

Expect to hear how you got on ?

S.

PS You have stated any advice welcome ! Well there it is-take it or not ??

Good Luck.

• Posted

Thank you so much Susan.

I've been told a doctor will call me later this week and too be fair when I saw him last he did say if things don't change then he would refer me.

Thanks again

Sam

• Posted

Sam

The waiting list can be long for a colonoscopy , so you might want to push him for an urgent appointment, or if you have the cash go for a private app.

This doesn't mean there is anything major wrong, but you need some answers rather then let your imagination run wild!

Good luck, let us know how you get on

• Posted

And if you are using Dr Google for information, it might be best not to! Keep us posted and best wishes. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.