Forearm pain

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi I'm really confused I am seeing a rheumatologist who thinks I have probable rheumatoid arthritis but not sure th weird thing is my symptoms are only present at night and early morning for instance by midnight I feel a burning sensation in my legs and arms and in the morning my before getting up my forearms hurt and my legs throb u also have slight tingling in my right arm and stiff fingers, my neck and shoulder bother me at times too. Within ten minutes of getting up the symptoms seem to disappear dies anyone have any ideas?? Thanks

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

A form of autoimmune arthritis called spondyloarthritis characteristically causes pain at night and improves with movement - and one form affects the periphery more than you would expect - your symptoms are in hands, arms, knees and feet as well as in neck and shoulders and low back, the more usual places.

You have told your doctor that the pain is worse at night? It is a typical sign so would be important for them to know.

• Posted

Thanks very much yes that is where the pain is are there any tests to diagnose ? Or treatment do you know?
    • Posted

Oh yes - the rheumy will probably do them anyway, x-rays and MRI etc, plus there will be blood tests - and then they look at the overall picture. And the treatments are usually similar to the ones for RA. Once you start on the medications the pain should improve a lot. If the first one doesn't work they will try another. But the night time pain is important if it is that. 

I tried to find a link on this site to give you - but google it. There are good pages - arthritisUK are good and there is one spondylitis point org. You can get info to see if it fits with how you feel.

Good luck

• Posted

Hi I also have the same symtons would be nice if someone can explain it

• Posted

Hi Maria are you currently seeing anyone or taking anything? It only really bothers me at night!hiw long have you experienced this ... I wish it would stop!
    • Posted

Hi Emily the docter just said it comes from my neck that goes into a spasma because of my computer work and need to relax more and go for a neck massage
    • Posted

Not all the time sometimes i wake up and my legs are paining from the hip down to the ankle my suster hower has also have the same systoms even do she is a hairdresser but her legs burn like fire
    • Posted

Thanks for this, please keep me posted if she finds a solution! I am even thinking it's something i'm eating or lack of a vitamin!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.