Very Low Blood Pressure?!

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi, I am 19 years old and I'm always feeling dizzy and tired all the time.

My regular blood pressure is 90/50 (Which is very low)! I've been to 3 doctors and they all say to increase the intake of salt. Basically there's no pill to increase the blood pressure except for supplements (ORS, dioralyte.. which i tried but there's no difference). I also take a lot of salt with my food.

I did a blood test and it came out perfect. What can I do to increase my blood pressure? I'm dizzy 24/7 and it's really frustrating not knowing if I'm going to faint or not (I never did but I feel like I am and start shaking).

Please help!

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

I have suffered from low blood pressure all my life, I reckon I inherited it from my father. I tend to faint every so often because of it. As I grow older it does seem to be decreasing a bit and the fainting is much reduced. I was told smoking increases blood pressure, but I don't think that is a good idea! 

• Posted

Hahah I dont think im gonna start smoking to raise it 😝 but thanks for the tip! Hope I feel better

• Posted

lol smoking didn't work for me! smile But pregnancy did - if you are male : tough luck LOL

• Posted

Haha no im a female but I dont think thats a good idea either 😝

• Posted

Hi

Well...I had 90/50 BP all my life. Lots of my friends do as well.

Do you do any sports? Are you active or sedentary? Is your weight normal, above or beyond ideal? Have you been tested for anaemia? Have you been tested for mineral imbalances? Normal heart rate?

Other than this, ears may need checking, eyes too - by a qualified eye doctor.

However to me it sounds more like tension/anxiety. Are you high-strung? Do you sleep well, eat regularly? Is your diet good?

Do you suffer from muscle tension around your neck/upper back? If so go for a few rounds of medical (deep tissue) massage if possible. It may help. It certainly won't harm either way. Feel better!

• Posted

Hi, no I dont do any sports and and my job is at an office in front of 2 computers at least 8hrs a day during the Week so I dont think that it helps.

I weight 43kgs and my height is 157cms , i am a bit beyond average weight but I eat healthy and a balanced diet (except that I dont eat fish and mest).

Ive been tested by doing a blood test and everything was perfect( no anaemia etc). I also sleep at least 8rs and eat somehing every 2hrs.

Yes I do have a lot of anxiety since i have a small hiatus hernia and the feelig of lump in throat is very irritating.

What do you mean by ears and eyes need to be checked pls?

Thanks a lot for your time

• Posted

Issues with the middle or inner ear can cause dizziness, as can eyesight issues. Something very small like a minor astigmatism in one eye can cause either headaches or dizziness or both. So can uneven eyesight or improperly measured glasses or lenses. It is one of the first things that needs checking when one is often dizzy.

Other than that, are you taking acid suppressing medication to assist with hiatus hernia symptoms? They can cause lethargy and dizziness too by the way.

If all the above is not applicable then I think it is tension. Sedentary job in front of the computer adds to tension around upper back, neck and shoulders. Stretch a lot - learn some good stretching moves - look at some yoga stretches). I still think a proper medical massage won't be wasted on you. Deep tissue, painful kind. You would need minimum 3 sessions, focusing mainly on neck and shoulders and points on the edge of the skull. You may get mild fever and nausea after the first ywo sessions but then you should feel like fog has lifted and dizziness should be gone.

If you can afford it - nothing to lose - massage is always a good thing so it should be a win-win smile

Your weight is fine and eatin every 2 hours or so is great. You sound healthy otherwise based on all of the above.

All the best!

• Posted

It seems you are very underweight at 43 kilos, with a low BMI (just over 17). That may affect your blood pressure too.
    • Posted

Hm thanks for the information I will go check my lenses for sure as I haven't done it in a while and I feel my eyes really tired. 

No I stopped taking medication for my hiatus hernia.. except gaviscon once in a while but I dont think thats the problem.

I will sure consider the massage, its definitely no harm :D

Thanks once again smile

• Posted

It is a bit underweight but I eat enough food and a balanced diet, I just cant seem to gain weight
    • Posted

...which is also consistent with anxiety/nervous energy by the way smile I am getting more and more convinced it is anxiety/tension related. Feel better soon!

• Posted

the smoking idea.. OUT!

the pregnancy idea...OUT!!

90/50 is my normal...you ought to see the nurses run when reads 70/45...I have always done just fine...

Salt, yes...but I wonder if you are iron deficient...which means that your blood is unable to carry the amount of oxygen you need.

• Posted

Hi,

I dont eat meat which is not helpful but i checked with a blood test and everything was fine, no deficincies so I dont think thats the main problem

• Posted

Black coffee and beer will raise it....

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.