propranolol

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi 

Mr Dr has prescribed me 10mg of propranolol. To take one tablet twice a day as required.  I took it for the first time last night,  it won't be any damage to my heart if I only take it when needed?. 

I have read up alot and everything i have read so far is saying not to stop taking it without dr advice. 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Micheal. Your dose isn't too great. There are people out there who take 40mg twice a day so no need to worry too much. I was taking 10mg three times a day and I just woke up one day and said "I'm not taking it anymore" and I didn't, I was absolutely fine. My sister also takes it and she only takes 20mg before big meetings which aren't that often.

• Posted

Hi Suzie

Thank you for your reply, wasn't quiete sure on what to do , only really want to take it when needed. Yesturday was the first time, it is more for racing of the heart. 10mg is mild. Don't want to reply on it, and not have to take it every day 

• Posted

propranolol-Inderal is a beta blocker...True, do not stop taking Inderal-propranolol without consulting with the prescribing physician.

I take 160 mg daily of the long acting version.

• Posted

Hi 

Thank you for your reply. I have since spoken with my medical practioneer, and have decided to stop using it. I only took a 10mg tablet , only once. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.