I want a hysterectomy for Christmas

Posted , 5 users are following.

I'm not kidding.  I doubt it'll happen that fast though.  I have an appointment next week to discuss sonograms that were taken in the beginning of this month, and I just got approval for a D&C because two attempts at biopsies failed.  I can't even set that up until I go see the doctor first. 

Meanwhile, my doctor put me on birth control pills to control bleeding.  I bled all month on them, at first a little, then more until I was passing clots on the 20th and 21st days.  After taking the first placebo pill last night, I woke up this morning at 4am and flooded the toilet with clots and blood.  I've never had that much come out at one time.  It was scary.  Two more visits to the toilet within the next hour and then it seemed to lessen and there was only spotting for the rest of the day.  Now its 6pm and I'm starting to get cramps.  I'm not looking forward to whatever that may mean.  

I tried to get my appointment for next week moved up, but the doctor didn't have anything available.  I really want this to stop.  I'm tired of the waiting and I have no idea what it will take to get a hysterectomy approved with my HMO.  

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I actually just had a D&C last week for the same reason. Birth control seemed to do nothing for the bleeding. And I had a myomectomy a few months ago.  Hopefully this works!! Feel better

• Posted

How was the D&C?   I've never had to go through anything like it before and I'm worried about the procedure itself and that it'll turn up something more sinister than the fibroid.  Mostly I just want this to be over so I can have my life back. 

• Posted

I had it done this past Friday. Was taken back by 7:30a and done and home by 10a.  I go for follow up in two weeks. I'm hoping it did the trick. Because I really am right there with you. 

• Posted

Knock on wood D&C seems to be working. Wanted to see how you were holding up? Did you have your procedures yet??

• Posted

I too had these unbelievable flooding episodes a few months back. Investigations revealed some fibroids and myomectomy was suggested. However as I was getting anemic by then, my gynaecologist put me on Norethiserone tabs which is a progesterone pill. I barely had bleeding after that and after my myomectomy the huge clotting episodes seems to have lessened although the 2nd and 3rd days are not yet what I had envisaged. So if you are still waiting for your surgery, you can ask for some pills like Norethisterone to stop/reduce your bleeding for the in between period. Normally this tablet is taken to delay periods and taken for 3-4 days but in my case I took it for 6 weeks on the advice of my doctor. However I should point out that once I stopped taking the pill (right after my myomectomy), the cramps and clotting resumed with force, BUT that for only for that single period. Now after 3 months it is slightly better fingers crossed.
  • Posted

Hi Maestra

I can totally sympathise with you. I have 2 small fibroids. Had pipelle biopsy 1 yr ago which revealed simple hyperplasia. Reassured not dangerous but had thick uterus lining which i would've guessed ss my periods are quite horrific. I was put on contraceptive pill. Boy was it a great contraceptive. Partner couldn't go anywhere near for virtually the whole 2 months i was on it. Bled for 7 out of 8 weeks and got heavier with 5 or 6 huge clots for 4 or 5 days running. Ive recently had a hysteroscopy last week and awaiting results of biopsy from that. Whilst i was there had the mirena coil fitted. Im hoping this will settle the bleeding down. If not im pushing for hysterectomy too. Its such a horrible condition. I hope things settle for you soon. Keep us posted

• Posted

Years ago my doctor put me on birth control pills to lessen my bleeding.  But it actually made it worse.  So I ditched the pills.  Although I was not on birth control pills the last two times that I had similar bleeding, I went through it too.  I have bleeding that lasts over 100 days all the time.  And the bleeding will fluctuate and become intense, almost like labour.

For two hours I was on the toilet with continuous bleeding like a tap faucet was on.  Blood clots were passing the entire time.  The ultrasound shows my uterus is laying on top of my bladder and there are fibroids blocking the blood flow out.  Which is why the blood is clotting.  My uterus had to cramp (like labour) to move them out of my body.  

I have been using Fibristal to shrink the fibroids.  It seems to be working.  I haven't bled since day 4 using these pills.  And I don't feel the lower fibroids that were near my cervix anymore.  I'll be having an ultrasound in Feb to find out just how much they shrunk.  Ultimately I want to have an MRI guided Focused Ultrasound that can destroy them.  It basicly burns them from the inside.  This is not ablasion.  The uterus lining is left intact.  Only the fibroids are burned.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.