7 months of shoulder pain, but no resolution

Posted , 5 users are following.

It's been seven months since I injured my left shoulder in a fall I had. I fell into a heavy metal shelf, hitting the outside of my shoulder, then tried to catch myself from falling with my left arm stretched overhead. I hear a loud "pop" and have had pain in my shoulder blade and "inside" my shoulder joint. I've been in physical therapy for 6 months and had a X-ray and an MRI (with no contrast) that have come back clean. A majority of the pain flares up after repetitive motions or with lifting. I sometimes feel a "grinding" in my shoulder when it's moved and it pops frequently. The pain often can be felt in my biceps as well and can sometimes make my arm and hand fall asleep. I'm at a loss and I am becoming very frustrated with the situation. Any ideas on what it could be?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

hi abbi65333 sorri to hear about your acident about shoulder problems lol i have both shoulders about at useles point there is one pointer to me that could help and it is the numbness and sleeping in the hand that shows a definate nerve impingement, i had carpul tunnel syndrome diagnosed in both arms and had done the operations it worked fine until my knees gave way due to oa and had to undergo 2 tkr,s landed up with forearm crutches and back is both shoulders all with the same symptoms as yours so now my next apiontment is with my orthpedic and see if he can come up with some thing regards danie61
  • Posted

Definately see an orthopedic doc. I would go asap. (Not easy I know wink ) you may need contrast with an MRI, just because nothing showed up obviously doesn't mean nothing is wrong. Could be your rotator cuff got hurt, could be an impingement as someone else suggested. Wish you the best! Keep us posted...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.