Careers

Posted , 4 users are following.

So I was given a awards letter from careers and it says an amount then below it says Zero amour and I've rang them and they said they are waiting on more information from is am I entitled to the arears or not

1 like, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Is the amount mentioned £62? The 0 might be refering to any Income Support or Premium top ups. To get this the DWP would need further information like savings/income.

Only guess based on what you have posted.

• Posted

No it says careers arears owed so much,then income support so much then owed 00 but it says I'm entitled to the arears from this date to that date and then my payments start at this date!

• Posted

It sounds like a very badly written letter but from what you have said it seems very likely you have been awarded Carer Allowance.
    • Posted

Hi Victoria, is this a new award or a reassessment, if its a new award I wouldn't like to say if you will get it backdated, but if its a renewal then you will get any payments they have withheld while waiting to make a decision

• Posted

I'm presuming whoever they get care for has just claimed it or been reassesed, your right there is no assessment for care because really the care allowance is actually not the carers it belongs to the person who's I'll and they decide who gets the care, my partner is my carer but because he is a pensioner he gets nothing, does that mean if I had a young carer they could claim, or because I'm a pensioner I'm not entitled ?

• Posted

Lol Yes Denise there is no assessment for Carer Allowance but you wouldn't rule anything out with this Government in their future plans!

• Posted

You are owed arrears from the date of application until the date of acceptance. Work out how many weeks that is and multiply it by 62 to get your answer.

Also there could be arrears of Income Support from that date also if you qualify for IS.

• Posted

Yes I have thanks why the so long wait for them to pay out been waiting nearly 3 weeks
    • Posted

I think you have to wait for them to do a payment run, I had my decision 9 weeks ago and got first payment yesterday, so it seems it can take a fair while but as yours is going to be back dated it want effect you in that respect.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.