soft static in right ear

Posted , 2 users are following.

My 29 year old son wears earplugs when he attends concerts.  Today is the first day he says he feels/hears "soft static in his right ear".  I am just starting to do reading about tinnitus and/or ruptured ear drum.  Because this is the first day he is experiencing this opposed to an ongoing condition, I am not sure what words I want to use in my google search.

Should he see an ear, nose and throat doctor or an audiologist?

I am a widow and this is the first medical issue my son has had so I am somewhat nervous as I write this.  

Your advice is greatly appreciated.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Update:  My son just took benedryl and after a couple of minutes, the "soft static" mostly disappeared-most likely fluid.  Good idea to see a doctor?

• Posted

Hello the ears are very sensative I would for sure have him see him an ent doctor It can be many things if bendayral helped then it's most likely his eusthian tunes please have him see a ear doctor when it comes to ears it's difficult and you don't want to risk anything best of luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.