New to taking Tibolone bleeding already

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi just found the forum whilst looking for side effects on bleeding. Basically I am 50 years old, been on the mini pill for years, came off about 2 months ago. Suffered for years with night sweats..and more recently aches & pains in joints, fatigue,mood swings,forgetfulness & absolutely zero sex drive & generally feeling very "couldn't care less attitude" I wouldn't say I was depressed more tearful at silly little things-anyway doctor has prescribed me Tibolone & felt much better in myself (almost calmer & aches eased up) after only a couple of days. I have started bleeding after day 4 (day 7 today) i know bleeding is a side effect & just wondering if anyone else started bleeding so early & should I stick with it? Thank you

0 likes, 28 replies

28 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Yes it's normal the 1st month I did bleed but then nothing been on tibolone 4 month now x

• Posted

Thanks Shirley was it the whole first month or does it slow down can you remember? X
    • Posted

Mine lasted about 4 days with in the first 2 weeks in the 1st month then had nothing since

Hope that helps x

• Posted

Thanks Shirley I'm on about day 4 of bleeding-fingers crossed mines not too long either then 🙄 X

• Posted

Hi Shirley-the bleeding stopped!! Yayyy and feeling so much better in myself already!
  • Posted

Hi. How's everyone doing? I am two weeks into Tibolone and am really bloated. Can't fit into clothes etc. + feel generally bleurgh today. Not feeling any energy or libido improvements and feel like am putting on weight.

Am I being impatient and those if you who have had success - were the first couple of weeks not great?

Was on Premarin so don't know how long that takes to leave system.

Thanks x

• Posted

Hi Loulou

I am 10 days in-bleeding has stopped & must admit I feel great! Mood has lifted, my horrendous joint aches & pains are almost gone. Energy has increased slightly but I am making myself do more exercise wise by taking dogs out religiously daily, as I think the walking does make me feel better once I'm out there. I'm not sure if it's a placebo effect but my sex drive has come back, much to my husband's delight! I'm sorry you are not feeling any better, maybe it's the switch over from other meds? I wasn't on anything apart from mini pill which I stopped 3 months ago...I'm hoping things will get better & better as I guess it's still early days- the night sweats have eased up but not gone as yet,although have heard they may not on these? I hope they kick in for you-keep us posted smile

All the best Lisa x

• Posted

Aw that's great news. Really pleased that you have got good results. 😀 Sounds like it's going to be a good fit for you.

I have had a total hysterectomy and my ovaries out. Was hoping this would be the one as very few options left to try...will give it another couple of weeks...just hope it doesn't get worse with Xmas coming up. Keeps us updated with your progress x

• Posted

They say 3 months to take effect fully if nothing changed after that then it's not for you ..

I'm feeling better now I have changed to half a tablet in a morning and half about 9 pm before bedtime the hot sweats have got better and I'm getting some sleep now overall I'm feeling not to bad so I will just keep going for a while longer. I'm a bit bloated and have put a few pounds on but I'd rather put a bit on and feel better if that makes sense x

Good luck

• Posted

Hi Shirley, yes will try to be patient but hard.

Glad you are getting some relief, that's great. I habeas quickly put couple pounds on and everything feels tight. If the joint pains don't stop, I may as well go back to Premarin as could control weight on that but was hoping Tibolone wpuld perk up energy and libido

• Posted

Sorry for the typos, hope makes sense.

Good luck x

• Posted

I think you should give it a bit more time I no its hard but it does take 4 weeks to get into your system xx
    • Posted

Thanks Shirley. I will. Helps to chat it through with women who understand 😊

• Posted

Hi Loulou I have been following you and want to know how you are going with tibilone at the moment. I have been taking half a tablet and really want to get some answers are nearly 24 days now. Please share your experience as well
    • Posted

Hi Pam

Well things seem to be getting better. I have noticed less hot flushes, less anxiety, less joint pains (I think surgical menopause has started off arthritic pains in fingers which I still have but the awful body aches have eased), the fatigue has gone and I generally have more energy. Libido hasn't changed massively but more inclined as have more energy! Early days but am pleasantly surprised. If I feel I need something else, I may try menopause supplements as well as somebody else on here had good results with that combo.

Good luck

• Posted

HI LouLou

Good to hear some good points. However after 26 days I could not take it any more as my gastro was out of control for some days, rash on skin body aches and chest tightness was continous. So Yesterday I decided to stop half the tablet I was taking and I am not sure why I could not survive. I think because I am peri my hormones must be joining as well. So it not a success story for me and back to square one again. I basically afraid now even though read the success to take the tablet. 

• Posted

That's great news loulou x I was thinking of taking something else along side tibolone but not found anything yet x

• Posted

Sorry to hear that Pam. I know how frustrating it us when you're suffering, had years of issues before hysterectomy and it has taken over 18 months since the op to get to this stage. I think you're right, your own hormones are fluctuating too. I had terrible acid reflux pain for a couple if years when hormones were all over - I don't know if this has gone yet as I am taking meds for it. Once I get hrt right, I will wean off the other stuff!

Have a chat with your GP about trying a different type of hrt, there's lots to choose from.

Hope you get there soon.

• Posted

How are you doing now Shirley? Yes I have a free sample of supplements but I can't mention the name on here, if you Google it, you should find it, they send you a free sample in post. 😊

• Posted

I'm going mad here the hot flushes have returned I'm OK during the day but by evening a light switch comeS on and hey ho here we go my knees are painful again I'm just totally fed up so after over 6 months on tibolone from my gynaecologyist I'm now going to see my doctor to get it change I need more estrogen I think I might see if I can get separate progesterone and estrogen as see if that works

• Posted

Oh no, what a shame when you had a really good month. Funnily enough, I feel a bit rough again today, think it's because I went for a long walk and gave started diet, sounds strange but any change in those areas seem to knock my hormones to pot and I get symptoms of low Oestrogen.

• Posted

I will let you know what happens on Friday when I see doctor

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.