How long does labrynthitis/vestibular neuronitis last?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi guys i was diagnosed with with Labyrinthitis back in May it was the worse feeling ever i did a CT scan and everything was normal. But i did start feeling better till august. I went to a ENT and they tested my inner ear and turns out 2 of my inner ears were weak... I still get some unsteadness but not as bad as before. Also does the cold weather make things worse?? I live in las vegas and right now it is cold. When will things just go away ?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

It really depends! I have VN and mine started April 7. I'm 95% better but waiting for that last bit to come right. My ENT told me I will compensate 100%. I do have anxiety issues that he believes is holding me back. Iv heard from a lot of people around the year mark they were 100% again but of cource it can be quicker or longer. My ENT told me because I'm young it will happen

• Posted

The symptoms you have now, lesser, are a left over from the previous vestibular insult.  Vestibular rehabilitation is needed to compensate.

Eleftherios S. Papathanasiou, PhD, FEAN

Clinical Neurophysiologist

Fellow of the European Academy of Neurology

• Posted

Depends how quickly ur brain can compensate. I wouldn't stress, sounds like ur doing very well. Yes keep going with VRT

• Posted

Thanks its just some days is good and some sucks its been almost 7 months now. In September is when i saw a ENT and told be that 2 of my inner ears were weak
    • Posted

That's how recovery goes sadly, it's peaks and valleys! Ups and downs. U will get there :-) I'm on month 8 now

• Posted

It's the same with my condition ...so should I keep taking betahistine or no ? 

Thanks 

• Posted

It's the same condition going with me theses days ... so should I keep take betahistine tablets or no ?

Thanks 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.