Symptom order

Posted , 5 users are following.

We are newly diagnosed with HSP. I wondering the order your symptoms appeared. Right now we are just dealing with the rash. I don't want to be in denial as to what may come. Rash then joint pain? Stomach pain then rash? Wondering since there are no other current symptoms if we have a mild case. Please share. Thanks

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

Try not to worry too much about what symptoms may or may not turn up. There is huge variation between individuals. Took me three years to even get diagnosed.

I'm an adult with HSP. You refer to 'we' in your message so if it is your child with HSP the following is likely to be irrelevant! For me, the order was:

- Mild rash on the legs for 18 months

- Occasional visible blood in urine

- Then nothing for nearly a year

- Rash returned much worse and was everywhere except chest and face

- Stomach pain

- Joint pain in ankles

- Joint pain in knees and hips

And gradual kidney damage throughout

But all my symptoms are pretty much under control now I've found the correct combination of medication.

• Posted

Hi,

My daughter developed firstly a few spots and then the blown rash, covering her lower body. As she was rushed to hospital as we all thought meningitis, they discovered high protein and blood count in her urine. Joint pain was there a few days before the rash came out ...we didn't realise this at the time, just thought she was maybe coming down with a cold.

She bounced back well, a year to the original onset she had a very bad relapse....and this was terrible for about 5 months ...now it is dormant but she has suffered terrible anxiety and sadness since this episode as it was much worse than the initial onset. I do think everyone is different though and some only suffer mildly and never relapse.

Hope this is the case for you and your family. Best wishes

• Posted

Of course it is really hard to say with so little info and this early.  You are lucky that you were diagnosed already.  One would hope that you are of the lesser type which typically behaves more like an allergy and your body is just inappropriately overreacting to something.  Depending on age and how things progress, it may just not reoccur,unless of course it is due to an allergy and not some other type.  Either way, track things closely. Typically you may be able to tell judging by how prolonged and severe the rash becomes if it will lead to joint pain.  The internal issues would have to be tested for.  Good luck !
  • Posted

Hi, my son was diaganosed 5 weeks ago and we too thought he had a mild case - just rash and sore belly. However, gradually over the last 2 weeks he has high protein in urine, high blood pressure, rash has returned and hes always tired. Hopefully, your right it is a mild case - but be prepared - research more information and keep track of symptoms so matter how minor.

Good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.