Had keyhole hysterectomy the end off august and still not right

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all , was wondering if anybody else has had same problem as me and want the outcome was,

i had a hysterectomy the end of august ,and not been right since , I had a few complications while in surgery, and while in recovery had to go back under for repair as was bleeding ,I stayed  in hospital a few days,since then I have been backwards and forwards  doctor and consultant,because I have been having a lot off pelvic pain,all they kept saying was you have to give it time,but now they have decided I need to go for a scan ,to check my internal organs and sorry my ovaries which I still have ,was wondering if anyone else has had this and any idea what could possible be wrong ,I have not been able to go back to work as off yet just so painful at times that I have trouble walking,and bending etc but then I could have a good day ,just so tired off all this now 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Lisa

I had a hysterectomy in 2013 full incision though not keyhole and Im still suffering with lots of pain. lots of pain, lots of weight gain, and now menopause even though Ive kept my ovaries. the short answer is....its a hell of an operation and one taken fartoo lightly by the medical profession most of whom are men telling you everything will be wonderful post op. Its not. It can take yrs and sometimes you just have to accept your body has been to hell and back and wont ever be the same. Theres very little post op help only if you keep going at them will they listen and then a lot of what you suffer becomes psychological because of all the changes within your body and the hormonal side.

Hormones: they play a huge role in all this and can caue imesurable pain throughout the body. 

Take your time to recover and just go with the flow and listen to your body. I still have good and bad days. I dont perform on tasks like i did before even though I had considerable pain before the op. Now Im stiff and ache all over most days.

I hope you feel better soon. x

• Posted

Hi had my surgery sept.. Hysterectomy was easy but the doctor cut my bladder by accident so had to have a surgeon come in and do surgery on my bladder to repair. Stayed in hospital for 12 days went home with a Catheter for 6 weeks was the worse thing ever.. Catheter has been out for a month now bladder is good but when when I have to go I need to go but they said that would chamge as my bladder musles get stronger then I have had a attack of divaticuliest which put me in the hospital for a few days very painfull came on all of a sudden ..so now I'm on meds for 14 days.. I juse find its one thing after another with illness..

• Posted

Hi. Unfortunately I experienced a lot of issues since my surgery, but had also had a lot of adhesions which were sorted at time of hysterectomy. (Mine was a year ago now).  I had bowel and bladder pain and constipation, followed by blockage etc extremely painful. Was on strong pains meds, morphine level and 4 different types laxatives to help me go...refused to take any pain meds in end...except paras and ibrus, despite pain, which is nearly constant, in my left side...has affected me quite significantly. Couldnt do my job (TA to reception age special needs) and felt best to resign, despite their loveliness to help me, I felt stressed letting folks down when couldnt cope with pain. Had to push hard for GP to quit fobbing me off and refer me back to surgeon...been slow going, but have had scans, ultrsounds, mri's, even saw a gastroeneterologist who was totally unwilling to even look for problem, just blamed pain meds and prescribed more laxatives. Finally saw original surgeon again....now finally going to have CT scan on side to see if stent needed for any 'kink' in ureter caused by scar tissue or something, Otherwise def having laparoscopy for adhesions again (vicious cycle for some, but my other side, done with hyster is fine). Had to really push for them to take serious and they finally did.

(Most times they would try and fob me off saying pain meds and laxatives etc causing symptoms rather than treating the original problem and adding to issues-hence I stopped taking so they couldn't).

So I would encourage everyone now, keep pushing for help. Dont let time pass if still in pain and discomfort-some is normal and some is def not..best wishes on your recovery Lisa. It will improve honestly. For some of us it is just smaller steps at a time, and a lot of perseverance...x.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.