week 3 post gastric band

Posted , 4 users are following.

3 weeks post op and I'm so hungry and no restriction.

I feel normal and that I've paid all this money and it's not doing anything

Has anyone else felt like this??

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

its perfectly normal cos at the moment your band will not be operational - you need to build up the restriction gradually with a series of small fills at regular intervals - whilst the surgeon may have put some fluid in your band at the time of the op, it is very unlikely you will have much restriction - any which you do have is likely to be from the swelling due to the op and as the wks go by this will decrease - usually the first fill takes place at your follow up appt roughly 6 wks post op - this should have been explained to you by the bariatric team who carried out your surgery - just keep following the eating plan and dietary info you have been provided with - stick with it cos you can still lose wgt for all you have not reached what is often called the 'sweet spot' or ultimate level of restriction - good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.