Carbimazole head and neck ache?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hey I am now on 10 mgs of carbimazole! I hate having to take it and since going up 5 mgs I am getting a headache all down the back of my head and neck and a strange taste in my mouth! Ugh! Has anyone else experienced this? ....thanks smile.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Carbimazole does cause headaches etc because it dilates the blood vessels in the brain and you get a 'rush'. If it is prescribed for epilepsy etc then you should tell your dr and get it changed to another anti convulsant.

• Posted

Thank you, it's for hyperthyroidism ugh! Feel rough as rats!

• Posted

Sorry my mistake! I was thinking of carbamazepine. I am feeling really rough with a chest infection hence the mistake! Hubby in bed as well but I have got up.1

​Re carmimazole. U know it is prescribed for hyperthyroidism but apart from that I am ignorant about it. If it is making you feel so rough I would advise ringing your dr up about it I am sure that it should not be giving u headaches etc but best to check it out with the dr.  Keep in touch if you feel up to it. Are u in the UK. I ask then I know what healthcare system is in place.Take care

​xdefinitely

• Posted

Hey no worries I had a google and realised must be a typo. My Mum has epilepsy. Waiting on a call from the Drs x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.