Revision

Posted , 7 users are following.

I went to the ortho doctor today and he moved my lower leg side to side. I could feel and hear clicking and popping. He informed me that I could wear a brace for the rest of my life or let him replace the plastic with a thicker piece. Can anyone tell me what could have possibly caused this to happen? This TKR has been a total nightmare! I'm almost five months post op, and this vic is telling me, that he has to perform another surgery. I want a refferal, but the VA won't give me one, because they have three witch doctors, excuse me professional orthopedic surgeons on staff. I wish I hadn't even gotten this TKR done. 

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

So sorry for your nightmare,would seem like it was not done correctly in the first place.
  • Posted

i know my brother went through something similar. and he had to have more surgery.

if i was you i'd ask a lot of questions and do research.

i'm told this happens sometimes.

i've had two tkr in two years and i worried about this because of my brother.

i'm sorry you have to go through this. it's rough enough when things go well.

• Posted

It seems by the majority I hear that people who have knee surgery even if it is not a TKR even having a scope surgery done is nothing but problems..I have knee issues for the last several months but unfortunately even though I was told I have a small spur on one side of knee across from that is slight wear on my tracking though being I was told I have crps I am unable to even get cortozone shots which could add more problems to me..I hope & pray your issues will be resolved hang in there everything will work out for you..God bless

• Posted

hi get 2nd opinion and sometimes you get exelent panelbeaters and sometime backyard chappys but it will never ever be there fault i had both kneed done 2nd one is 3 weeks p.o and i am walking unaided in the house and 1 crutch outside, still sleep bad but from the first i know what is waiting although it alreADY seems less than the first one,  and 5months is still very qiuck to expect any major improvement give it time and do not over do anything excersize wise do the meds ice and elevate even sore meds if nesscary regards danie61

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.