Doom and gloom cloud over you....

Posted , 14 users are following.

For you ladies who might be reading this now, perhaps not even wanting to get out of bed, dreading the day, perhaps feeling like you have a terrible illness, the bad stomach, the nausea , aches and pains, headaches, sinus pressure etc, migraine auras, spotting and or heavy bleeding, even weight loss (which I had in peri with gastitis) the panic and anxiety, it does get better becauae I have felt like this under the menopause cloud. Yes for peace of mind I had things checked and you should too for your peace of mind but I would hate to think that someone is lying there now feeling like I did, there is light at the end of the tunnel. Xx

3 likes, 39 replies

39 Replies

Next
  • Posted

5 years, 10 years, 100 years? When is the light?

Happy for you

• Posted

Yes I would like to know the answer to that one. It's been 12

years for me now and not getting any better. Nightimes really

are the worst now hot and cold all night, feeling "strange".

Getting back to sleep for a while then it happens again about

6 times a night!! Then ram that's it. Tired all day now. I

always say laughter is the best medicine but what with this and

the awful family stress going on at the moment not finding

my h to laugh about. Feeling down this week😢😢

Sorry ladies for being such a misery but I know you won't mind.

• Posted

Should say 4am☺
  • Posted

Thank you for the encouragement. I have felt bad for 2 weeks now. The most scary part is when I get heart palpitations. Also I've put on a lot of weight. I just want to feel better. Feel like crying roght now as I'm typing this.

• Posted

I'm pretty close to where you are. Most of my worst symptoms are behind me or more tolerable now. I only still get hot flashes, have over weight issues still, and once in a while get tired during the day. I still take my B & D vitamins so think they continue to help me too.

It does get better.

• Posted

Dear didio

Yes , I might get abit anxious still but that is prob caffeine etc which I juat love and the odd tipple, i'm sure if I stopped that I wouldn't get that. I just wanted to give encouragement to those who are just probably starting on this journey, which can be a lonely place at times. I have a lovely family but through peri felt so alone if it was not for this site. My friends didn't seem to be at the stage I was and I couldn't really relate to them x

• Posted

I was the same way last year. I was like another person. One I didn't like very much. I'm in meno. now, so I like you survived it, or the horrible parts that these ladies are dealing with now. Definitely, not a fun time, but made it through. Hopefully, the worst is over..

• Posted

Can I ask how long your rough period lasted? My symptoms are not as severe now. I had a really really rough 12 months. I'm hoping the worst is behind me.

• Posted

Hi DiDi, how many years would you say you experienced the mental changes in peri?? What scares me Is this could last many yrs for some but no way of predicting it
    • Posted

That's roughly the same time as my mental symptoms were at there worst

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.