can steroids reverse clitoral fusing?

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have bad clitoral fusing from LS that has caused horrible clitoral pain and constant hyperarousal. Can topical Clobetasol reverse this fusing and minimize these symptoms? Or estrogen/testosterone topical? Also does anyone know if steroid cream can be compounded in olive oil? I'm very sensitive to most bases. Thank you. 

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi andrealogical,

So sorry you are dealing with this horrendous disease. 

Sadly steroids will not reverse fusing at least not that I have read or heard... There have been some very positive reports on borax. You may want to read the thread on "An Experiment With Borax." Estrogen and steroids are basically a band-aid. I try not to use either the steroids or the estrogen. Steroids work for awhile and then may start to do more damage. I have to be extremely careful with any type of estrogen because I have already had to have breast surgery.

There are lots of oils that can help with dryness. I personally use cold pressed organic coconut oil. There are lots of good reviews on Emu oil. I haven't tried it yet.

I did do my first borax bath day before yesterday. I will definitely let you know if it helps. There is some great information here on LS. You just have to take the time to read the threads. Another thing I am doing after toileting  and bathing is a solution of hydrogen peroxide and saline. I mix it half and half and keep it in a handy spray bottle.   

I wish you all the best and God bless! 

• Posted

So sorry to hear your story.  I have had some fusing in the past 2 years and have found that, for me, the best way to combat it is to massage with basic vaseline as soon as I feel a bit of skin starting to fuse.  I then pull the layers of skin apart and massage in more vaseline - extremely painful but, so far, it has stopped any further fusing and I think that's as much as I can expect from this ghastly condition.  Don't let your life revolve around LS - it can take over if you aren't careful.

• Posted

I have experienced that the fusing over the clitoris is the hardest to overcome.  But with patience and diligent treatment with baking soda and borax baths and rinses I have managed to bring it back to normal.  Have, as has already been mentioned here, a look at "an experiment with borax" and other discussions to learn about the details. 

?In my experience I don't think that globetasol will make the fusing disappear. 

• Posted

Hi Hanny, thanks for your comment. I've read other places that the Borax is helpful but have found it to be very irritating to the urethra when I apply even a little bit topically. Would a sitz bath solution be less so? Is that what you were referring to when you said baths? Thank you. 

• Posted

You are right, the urethra needs a different environment and that makes it so complicated.  So I then use a bit of apple cider vinegar in my spray bottle.  That calms it down again.

?I sit in a full bath when at home and use a sitzbath when away.  Of course you use a lesser amount in the sitzbath and that is something you have to find out yourself - I would suggest you start with small amounts first.  See how it goes.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.