ongoing nausea for 4 months :(

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi all! 

Im new to the forum and have joined due to a mystery illness that is currently taking over my life. 

It started back in august. i had my first ever GI virus. the vomiting and other symptoms settled down after a day or two, however, the nausea didn't. I've been incredibly nauseous since this virus. 

I've also ben thoroughly investigated by the doctors. Blood tests, stool tests, xrays, CT scan, MRI, endoscopy, colonscopy, gastric emptying test, coeliac test, just off the top of my head. 

Sometimes I get a stomach ache and my stomach makes strange noises in the lower abdomen but I just chalk this up to constipation. 

I burp a lot and almost everyday I get a sensation at the top of my throat.. a strange burning sensation.. however I dont think it's quite heartburn as I don't get any other typical heartburn symptoms. I took somac for 2 weeks and this feeling didn't subside, neither did the nausea. I also went to a naturopath that tested the gut bacteria and it came back with a few different bad bacterias overloading, highly acidic stool and undigested food in stool. I didn't look further into this as I couldn't afford the potions she wanted me to take for it.

I must add that i have severe anxiety and since the gastro, the anxiety is so bad i've had to quit my job and have lost 12kg from not eating. 

I'm trying to figure out which came first.. the anxiety or the nausea. it's confusing that all the tests have come back fine as I most certainly don't feel it. 

Has anyone else experienced anything like this? I'm seeing a dietician next week to rul out food intolerences I suppose, but it doesn't feel like any particular food makes it worse. Everytime I eat, I feel a lot worse for a few hours after atleast. 

Any input or similar experiences would be greatly appreciated as i am really struggling and want my life back sad 

TIA

x

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Was your stool tested for h pylori?  This infection can cause burping and nausea.

It is interesting that the naturopath found things that your other tests did not.  Was SIBO and IBS mentioned?  Undigested food particles may suggest you are not digesting your food well which might suggest food intolerance.  Perhaps reinvestigate the possibilities the naturopath found.

• Posted

Yes sorry I did get tested for h pylori! I was thinking possibly a f ood intolerance also.. however some days I can eat whatever I want and feel relatively ok. For example last week I had 2 days in a row where I felt ok and ate somewhat normally. Every other day is torture sad

• Posted

Was the h pylori test positive or negative?  Definitely look into SIBO and IBS as well.
  • Posted

check out all the other blogs and you will find you are not alone. Probiotics is one thing to try. Keep a diary of when the problem  starts, how bad it that day, what did you do that may cause the problem, what did you eat, etc as this information is important to take to your doctor or who ever else you may see. We all know there has to be some kind of solution for our problem but so far nothing ahs shown up and many of us have been dealing with this for years.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.