IBS :(

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi, I was disgnosed with IBS a couple of months ago finally! I've actually had it for over 5 years. The thing i struggle most with is the constant sick feeling which makes it hard for me to eat anything especially in the morning. I usually don't eat until midday because of this. Does anyone have any helpful tips to help me feel less sick? Sometimes i am actually sick too but not often.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Peppermint oil capsules helped me
    • Posted

Thank you for your suggestion, do you take these capsules at a specific time? I will have to look into these, really appreciate it.
    • Posted

check label I usually take them when I feel nausea coming on....if I wake feeling  nausea I have 2 capsules...It worked for me though I have read some people feel worse... Or peppermint tea..

• Posted

Thanks! I will have to pick some up over the weekend and give them a go smile

• Posted

If you are not lactose intolerant, try milk.  It is very soothing on the stomach and it helps to reduce acid.  I had IBS for three and half, possibly four months before I got diagnosed. I had stomach pain last February which went away but came back in March with constipation, nausea, back pain, and loose stools.

You could also ask to be referred to a dietician to help you with the Fodmap Diet and also try a food diary to see if you are intolerant to any foods.

• Posted

I'm not lactose in tolerant and i love milk so i will definitely try this, maybe a glass of milk in the morning will help.

I will be speaking to my doctor about reffering me to a dietitian as nothing i've tried is really working out for me.

Thanks for your help, much appreciated.

• Posted

I wake up nauseated too... Are you on any meds? Try drinking chamomile tea right when you awaken. About 30 minutes later, drink some warm water with a tablespoon of lemon in it... Then try to eat a piece of toast or an egg

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.