so confused about everything?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've been back at forth to the doctors for 2 months, I went to the doctors because I was bleeding every 2 weeks, really bad lower abdominal pain and back ache. she examined me and said everything was okay, then a few weeks later I went back and they refered me for a swab, which came back clear. I then went back because the lower pain was too much, and i got refered for an ultrasound 3 weeks later. I had my ultrasound done and it came back clear but my ovaries/uterus measured 6mm but I don't know what that means, and he diagnosed me with ibs. Can anyone help me on this, because I have no change in bowel habits no diahorrea/conspitation. just lower abdominal pain, lower back pain, bleeding every 2 weeks, feeling full after eating very little, and bloated. 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

have it over 30 years pain left of belly button and straight out back left side is weak particularly when lifting .

gave up all meds years ago on a good day my side stomach back feels like a pulled muscle on a bad day it hurts but i keep going 

stress is bad crappy food is bad milk is bad too much beef is bad any thing out of a cow forget it , breads and cakes no , eggs mayonaise no 

oranges no , beer no , any alcohol really is bad , 

chicken is good rice and some veg watch the greens have u running to the toilet in pain butter seems ok but melted butter on stuff oh no 

fish is good 

you will learn fast what kills your stomach drink lots of water and eat banannas 

i was bitched at work this week and my temper was up so my stomach was in bits going to the toilet passing watery stuff,brutal smell and my stomach burning getting better now

Ger  

• Posted

Were you given a pelvic ultrasound for possible cysts/fibroids?  Bleeding is not an IBS symptom.  Are you passing blood in your stool or is this between periods?  If it is from your stool, ask for a fecal calpractin test to look for IBD.  The other possibility is haemorroids or fissures.  Ask about the ovaries/uterus measurements they gave you.  Ask about endometriosis.
    • Posted

I was given the scan because they thought I had a ovarian cyst because of the pain, and the bleeding is in between periods. But the doctor told me that's just part of the ibs! But I'll go back and ask about that , thank you!

• Posted

I would ask for a second opinion on that. When you have IBS, your periods can get more painful but you do not bleed in between them.  If you are, then there must be another reason.  Cysts and fibroids can cause bleeding.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.