Normal Life After GB Removed

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hear loads of horror stories about life after gallbladder removel. So I was wondering if anyone has returned to normal after having theirs removed, no pain, back to eating what they want etc

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I had my gallbladder removed 4 weeks ago.

I was diagnosed with gallstones in March, they gave me pancreatitis at one point. Suffered with issues for 5 years. 

They found, about 30 stones, quite small 3 to 5mm each. 

I am doing really well, can eat anything and loads, being deprived for so long, I suppose I am making up for it.

I do get a light dull pain on my left hand side, which could be my pancreas. Which is not related to the gallbladder. But I think that will take some time to heal. 

Ajay

• Posted

Me!!!!

It took me a few weeks to adjust back to normal, but I can eat anything and everything again with no issues. I had a constant dull ache before, no attacks and that's all gone as well. I did eat low fat for the first few weeks as advised by my doctor, but it was hard for me. I had no appetite before my surgery and it came back afterwards, so I just wanted to eat everything in sight!!! smile

• Posted

Hi nothing to worry about, today is exactly 2wks since I had my gallbladder removed , I'm actually sending this message to you from work which I stated on Monday. I like you heard so many horror stories & was terrified going in for op. I'm so glad it done with I'm eating, drinking as normal no pain. Best advice was to move about after op ASAP so the gas they put in you disbursed otherwise it could be very painful like trapped wind in between your ribs & shoulder! Good luck! Xx

• Posted

Ate anything I wanted but started have pain so my Homepathis Dr told me I would always have too take a bile supplement with every meal and this is really helping because we no longer have bile too break down the fat.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.