Scared :(

Posted , 5 users are following.

For the past two months now I have lost my appetite, feel really full when Ivd eaten a small meal (this is frustrating I've always loved my food and had a really healthy appetite) and feel Gastro-ey all day long from the time I wake up to the time I go to bed. I feel nausea all day long. I haven't had any diarhea or been sick. I have been a little constipated but still am going regular.

I was given Lansoprazole but hasn't helped sad

My health anxiety through the roof so scared.

Tests I've had fbc, checked my kidneys, urine, thyroid, liver Nothing! Sodium and potassium levels, physicial exam all fine. Though I had the thyroid and liver one done before this all started.

I'm trying to work out if this happened before I have a sinus infection or after I'm sure it was after as I was on two sets of antis for a urine infection aswell. Do you think it could of been the antibiotics that have caused an ulcer or something? .

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Hi emma81973

I would give it a little more time. I would think taking the two lots AB's may have upset your digestive system. If it continues go back to your doc...in the meantime try eating small amounts of really healthy foods veggies, fruit, chicken, fish plenty of water and take probiotics....best wishes...

• Posted

Today I went docs as it's making me so sad and miserable. I keep thinking I have cancer sad nothing has ever ripped me of my appetite. Not even losing my daughters dad last year. sad I'm only 25 sad

Because I've just moved doctor I've got to start from scratch and have had an MOT of blood tests done again. I should get the results by Monday. I know they'll be fine though as I've had blood tests over the past few weeks.

Do you think if it was serious I'd be having other symptoms like vomiting etc.. ? And they would of picked it up by now?

In the past 4 months I've had fbc, thyroid, liver, kidney, potassium/sodium, a chest X Ray, serveral ECGs, (because I had an anxiety) a blood test see sir in my colon (??) blood pressure, urine checked, temp. All they found was s borderline b12 (192). They are checking this again with the mot blood tests. I'm fed up going round in circles sad

I'm dying sad

• Posted

Hi emma81973

Your B12 levels are very low and B12 deficiency can cause a lot of problems within the body...its my guess you will be given a course of B12 injections to bring it up to normal levels....and then things will get back to normal...B12 is crucial for our well being and normal bodily function....best wishes...

• Posted

My doctor said my results were borderline and wouldn't cause any symptoms as I'm bit anaemic but as I read everywhere it's controversial. There still on the fence to treat me as I'm just below the range. There range is 200 and I'm just below so :S

I am finding that food tastes tasteless like I'll taste it and then the taste will all of a sudden go I can't describe it. I just don't know if the b12 is contributing to the fullness I'm feeling aswell.

• Posted

Hi emma81973

B12 range is beteen 200-900...your is very low and should be treated...mine was 211 and i had other symptoms...i was given a course of B12 injections and now feel fine...i think you should either push for the injections or take B12 complex tabs or get B12 patches...it wont hurt at all to do this as B12 is not toxic and you cannot overdose on B12 it is water soluble and the body will only retain what it needs and will discard the surplus through urination or stores it in the liver...B12 should be taken everyday for your bodies wellbeing....B vits are crucial good body functions....best wishes....

• Posted

Oh really? My doc said oh your just only under so it wouldn't effect me as I'm not Anaemic. I just had a load of MOT blood tests done again including to check my b12 levels again as that's what the doc wanted to do to see if I could improve with diet so I'll see what the results are, if there still low I will take it from there and push for treatment. As far as I'm aware I've been b12 for a 3 years but this with my stomach (appetite, etc..) only started in the last 2 months after antis. I should get the results Monday.

• Posted

Hi emma

'Just under' could be vital to how you are feeling!.....Perhaps your doc is not aware of how vital B12 is....he/she is not the only med professional though...many seem to be a bit clueless in that direction.....because one normal B12 is not anothers normal B12.....keep us posted.....

• Posted

I know I've read it's controversial everywhere with this disorder. Hopefully my new doc surgery will be more useful and I will do when I get the results. Thanks for your replys.

• Posted

How exactly would you describe your loss of appetite? A loss of hunger? Or do you get hungry and just aren't able to eat very much? I've experienced a lack of hunger for about 4 months now, blood tests have come up clear but I'm having an ultrasound too and am expecting the worst. I am only 25

• Posted

Like I just don't get hungry, it's like my stomach and brain arnt connected anymore sad and can't eat like I used to two months ago rolleyes few bites and I'm full. sad family think my ED have come back. I'm so frustrated. Thought it was anxiety but just doesn't seem to be

• Posted

Yep, I'm experiencing exactly the same thing, and there doesn't seem to be any others on the internet who are...which makes me even more worried. People keep telling me it's only anxiety too, it definitely isn't. I've also had constipation. Do you have any pain at all? What is ED?

• Posted

I think the closet diagnoses I match is gastroparesis. I'd rather it be that than anything to serious. I don't have pain but it's just very very uncomfortable and the feeling full after eating keeps scaring me. ED - eating disorder.

• Posted

Hi emma81973

Forgot to mention that loss of appetite is a main symptom if B12 deficiency...google B12 deficiency and loss of appetite...bedt wishes......

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.