Crawling feeling

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi everyone

I was just wondering if anyone else has this crazy feeling

of something crawling under your skin? I sometimes get

the sensation of ant 🐜 crawling under my breast. Very weird! The doctor says if formacation whatever that means. I've had MRI sonogram and diagnostic mammogram! All negative.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Maureen,

This sensation is very common with menopause.  There is a specific name for it.  Sorry I can't remember the name right now, but it begins with for______tion.  

Many women have this crawling sensation.  I have no idea if this one doctor is right, or if this is just his simple explanation, but what I heard is that it is estrogen leaving the receptors.  

Sorry, as I know this can be very uncomfortable.  Isn't menopause just wonderful???

• Posted

Hi gailannie

Thank you so much for your response. The dr. called

it formacation. I think that's correct. It really is very

nerve racking. I which it would just go away. I'm 49 and I just went my first whole month without a period. It seems to be getting better not itching as much as before but still very bothersome.😔

• Posted

Yes, but I get mine in the legs and sometimes stomach! Feels like one of those creepy horro movies! I have taken my shirt or pants off thinking I actually had a bug crawling on me.  I hate it when that happens!
  • Posted

Hi Maureen, yes it is Formication, as your doctor suggested. When I had it I took claritin the antihistamine seemed to work on me at least

I have lots of allergies so it was my drug of choice which tremendously helped.

• Posted

Hi Sochima822

Thank you so much I'm going to try the Claritin! It seems to be getting better but not gone.

• Posted

Omg yes I've that too! But for some reason I had a missing period for 3  months and it seemed like it has practically gone away!!! I didn't go to my Dr. I was afraid I was gonna be diagnosed crazy😢😢 it damn near ran me crazy! Good luck to you hunny! Did the dr recommend anything for yours ?

• Posted

Hi Goddess1

Thank you so much for your reply! You know it's funny. The crawling started and now I just missed

my first period as well! So I hopping to be like you

maybe a few more missed periods and it will just disappear! Oh dear god I hope it goes away! 😩

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.