New pain location

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi,

I had my first attack about 6 weeks ago, pain was on the LEFT side. I was treated succesfully with Augmentin. Over the past week or so though, I have noticed sharp twinges on the lower right side, with nothing on the left side though. What could this be about???

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi. I was diagnosed first time this yr then had 3 flares back to back. I am 6months from my last flare and I am just now not having pain on my left side. My doc said it takes a yr to fully recover from a flare. Some pain is scar tissue. Sorry you are going through this. If you are worried always call or see your doc just to relieve your worries. If you push on your lower stomach and don't feel pain then it's not an infection again. My doc also told me another way to test that out is to stand on ine foot and hop and if you have pain on your lower left side the flare is back.

• Posted

Thank you Hollie! smile. Did you need antibiotics with each of the 3 flare ups? What have you done differently over the past 6 months, anything at all?

• Posted

Hello Hollie. I had diverticulitis for 6 years and been through all the meds and fiber speech. Finally went to surgeon and he told me no surgery. He told me to get Metamucil and you will be fine. Also, stay away from greasy fried foods. Your body will tell you what you can eat. Be your own advocate and keep seeking knowledge.

Since that meeting I have had not one flare up and pain free. I take it twice per day.

• Posted

Yes, I did have to have antibotics with each flare up. I was having the flares with every menstrual cycle. I had to get put on birth control to stop my cycles. I think the reason I don't have a lot of pain anymore is because I finally am listening to my body. I eat half at each meal and I have to keep my bowels moving. I have a very hard time "going" regularly but I have to take walks in the morning and drink lots of water.

• Posted

Hollie it's called the North American diet. We consume way too much red meat as humans. I was fighting the 25 grams or more per day of fiber and I was having flare ups every 8 weeks and couldn't take the meds anymore. I went to an outstanding surgeon ready to go under the knife and he recommended OTC Metamucil. I was shocked and couldn't believe it that an OTC product could stop it. By George the good old Dr was spot on and I never looked back. I still eat what I want but have cut down on the red meats and I stay away from any greasy foods and no fast food junk.

Hope this helps and best of luck to you.

• Posted

Izzy I had diverticulitis for 6 years and been through all the meds and fiber speech. Finally went to surgeon and he told me no surgery. He told me to get some Metamucil and you will be fine. Also, stay away from greasy fried foods. Your body will tell you what you can eat. Be your own advocate and keep seeking knowledge.

Since that meeting I have had not one flare up and pain free. I take it twice per day.

• Posted

Thank you! I will get some metamucil!!
    • Posted

IZZY get on a regiment of psyllium every day.

Psyllium is mainly used as a dietary fiber to relieve symptoms of both constipation and mild diarrhea and occasionally as a food thickener. Research has also shown benefits in reducing cholesterol levels.

The plant from which the seeds are extracted tolerates dry and cool climates and is mainly cultivated in northern India. Psyllium products are marketed under several brand names, such as Metamucil, Fybogel, Konsyl, and Lunelax.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.