Help - Pancreatic Divisum and pain mess limited

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have had pancreatic Divisum him for 15 years and I have tried all the different therapies and operations I am at a point now where my doctors are telling me that I shouldn't be in so much pain due to various stents and ercp's. My Gastro and pain doctor are not wanting to keep me on my pain meds and those are really the only things that get me through the day without a trip to the ER. How do I get them to believe me? It's exhausting to have a disability and have doctors not believe you. Any thoughts?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

You won't convince doctors about something they already know. There is an enormous push from National Health Services Agency state by state to reduce opioid prescriptions.The staggering increase in accidental overdose particularly in suburbs where middle & upper middle class whites live has been devastated with overdoses. There forever, the law is aggressively prosecuting physicians of patient who overdose.

Folks like you & I who suffer from divisum are caught in the cross fire and being encourage to utilized non-narcotic pain control methods which doesn't even stretch the surface of relief from this type pain. I been on going attacks since Jan 2013. Emory University put Stent in 2015...had longest period of no attack afterwards of about 18 months. I thought I was cured! Nope been back several times since and just came home 48 hours ago after 8 day stay in hospital. What next? Going back to Emory University Hospital in 5 days to evaluate what the next procedure should be. My life has never been the same since my first attack. This illness rules your life and dictates most things in your life that once was your choices. All gone now. I live with it when I'm sick I go to ER not gonna freaking suffer at home like I use too no.more.

• Posted

Thank god - my doctors convinced me I was the only one that is on this much meds - my doc is now weining me off - I guess some is better than nothing - mayo next
  • Posted

Have you tried tramadol for pain? Its not a narcotic but it works just as good and for me will last up too 8 hours as if i take hydros it only last 4hrs for me. I do understand doctors concern for abuse though. I rather get fixed then have pain killers rule my life, the more pain killers you take the more senstive your body is too pain and the smallest of pain can feel like agonay. Pain killers were started for men who were suffering in the cival war from recovering from being shot at. That kind of pain is what it was ment for and not too be taken for long periods of time, bc so many illnesses and people complainting of pain doctors have prescribed it as if it were tylonal and people would enjoy the high, therefor their body would become immune too it and ask for more and more bc it wasnt getting them high anymore. Taking opiodes for long periods of time messes with the way your body should fuction naturally. Making the withdrawels horribly bad bc your body has depended on pills to function and when you lower them or stop completely your body detoxes and almost seems like it is malfuctioning thinking yourself too be in this crazy cycle of pain and illness thats not really from being ill just hardcore withdrawels.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.