3.5 weeks post op

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi I'm 3.5 weeks post op for an a&p repair.  Doing well so thought I'd take a peek!  Noticed that I've got a long running stitch but along the stitch I have 2 red sore lumps.  I had a previous op in May whereby the running stitch had fallen out at around 2 weeks.  Has anyone else had the same thing? I don't feel ill but am worried that this might turn into an infection 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hello caroline. There's no reason why this should become infected. You would normally see redness and lumps as a result of the surgery, it's your body's reaction to the incision. The longer the stitch stays in place the better chance of healing and the surgery being successful, in fact stitches can take up to 12-14 weeks to dissolve in some ladies. I always say don't look at the operation site, it always causes anxieties. I looked at mine and I've seen hundreds but I still convinced myself something was wrong. It wasn't of course. The lumps and bumps will eventually go but not firva while so try not to worry x

• Posted

Thank you matron, very much appreciated. I worry so much after the first op failed. X
    • Posted

It's understandable caroline because this isn't minor surgery as you know and recovery is difficult and often painful so it's not something I'd like to go through a second time if I'm honest. I'm sure you are resting and taking things easy and your surgeon has probably made sure he's used some extra strong sutures this time!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.