Pain followed by hearing loss.

Posted , 4 users are following.

For a few i had a really sore throat and ear on my left side.  After two weeks i gave up and went to my GP.

There was nothing he could see wrong except a slightly folded ear drum,  Anyway after a couple more days that pain went.

However i have now dramatically reduced hearing in my left ear.  It feels like pressure when your ears pop. Not really painful as such but i am getting a headache with it.

I am a bit worried to be honest considering the pain and problems i have had recently.  I am unable to get into my GP today so will need to try again Monday.   Any wise words for me? :-)

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Same thing here, although overnight I  lost all hearing in both ears virtually went deaf overnight . My ENT treated me for a bacterial infection , that was back in June, 2016. Today I have recovered only about 80 % of my original hearing. Going back to my ENT  after the holidays .
  • Posted

I think you should ask your doctor to arrange an apptment at ENT
  • Posted

ENT visit is in order.

In the meantime, lay on top of a heating pad that has a damp washcloth on it.

Perhaps your eustachian tube is not opening when you swallow.

The eustachian tube opening during swallowing is what equalizes the pressure.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.