Over 3 months using vagifem, thought I was getting better but it re-emerged

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi

Please can anyone out there who has recovered from AV by using vagifem tell me if it is normal to be lots better and then get hit with bad symptoms again?

I was diagnosed with AV in August, went on vagifem in September. Recently felt lots better then today woke with symptoms again, mostly pressure on bladder. Can anyone tell me if this is likely beofre reaching fuller recovery?

Thanks

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi Catherine. You may have a prolapsed bladder. I have that and it varies in degree of uncomfortableness. The Vagifem works well but I find I still need lube to keep everything comfortable. Also check with the doctor if you have an infection. All the best to you.
  • Posted

I'm on about the same timeline as you and I have had a few relapses too. The only thing I would make sure of is that you don't have an actual UTI that needs antibiotics

• Posted

Hi Donna

Thanks for that. It's so frustrating and my emotions go up and down with the symptoms. have you been able to find out from anyone if this is normal; I mean the kind of erratic progress? I have checked, at down times, that I don'r have a UTI. Somedays are good but it's like a threat hanging over. I am a lot better than I was but still not myself.

• Posted

I have talked to others on here and my doctor. She stresses how important it is not to miss a dose but I seemed to have a relapse right after I used the Estrace. We actually lowered my dose to one gram instead of two and so far it has seemed to help. But it is so frustrating. I'm an artist and I had to limit my custom work right now because I just don't know what days I will be okay to work. I've had one relapse that lasted three days that had me scared it was going to stop working. I'm at about 80 % but still not normal. I'm worried I never will be. But then I wondered in the beginning how to live with the extreme pain and burning. I'm so tired of it

• Posted

Donna I completely understand. I am in a very similar position, much better but some bad days. I haven't missed doses; I am on vagifem twice weekly. Every day I wake up in a panic as to what the symptoms will be like. I get mixed responses from different doctors as to the time it takes to recover - they are varies with no one really knowing how long it takes. I get connfused as to why some days are better than others and like you, wonder how long I have to live with it. I have tried so hard to remain positive. I work with people who have problems and it's hard to keep going when I feel low myself. I suppose at least we are better than we were but I want to be normal!!

• Posted

HI Donna

Just wondered how you are coping, as you seem to have had this around the same time as me, I just wondered if you have found something I haven't. I am struggling to keep going emotionally with this. Every day is a struggle in itself. One day ok, the next not so good. Let me know if you feel to be progressing, I seem to have been left by my GP to 'wait for things to improve'.

• Posted

today was the worst ! It almost seems like I'm going backwards all of a sudden. I was so good for awhile. Today I resisted taking Norco because I had Christmas shopping to finish but the burning has been constant. My husband is going through cataract surgery last week and ext week so I have to be able to drive. I can't figure out what is going on. So I know exactly how you feel. I don't feel like anyone understands. My next doctor appt is Dec 27th. I'm going to ask to switch to vagifem. I worry that stupid applicator with the estrace cream is never clean enough. My husband even mentioned sex the other night which proves he has no clue. I worry if I actually have a UTI or yeast . I actually took a diflican last week , it had no effect. I guess my greatest fear is this is as good as it gets. At 62 ? not fair.window.post_1481866443419_4 = function(win,msg){

win.postMessage(msg,"*"wink;

}window.post_1481866449130_21 = function(win,msg){

win.postMessage(msg,"*"wink;

}

• Posted

not sure what happened there
    • Posted

HI Donna

How strange, I had a really bad night last night and felt exactly as you say that it was like going back to how it was. Today i still feel like I need to pee all the time. I had stinging through the night. I am on vagifem so maybe it's not the type of treatment if we are both in the same or similar position. I am only 53 so I feel distraught. I had a really good phase too where i thought I could see progress. I am starting to wonder if I have something else, other than VA. I just feel that recover should be gradual, maybe I am wrong?? I am at a loss what to do. I haven't got a urology appt until Feb 3rd despite trying for cancellations. I don't think GPs understand. I would love to know if other women have gone through this, in this way and recovered at some point. It's feeling like there is no end in sight. I hope we both feel better soon. Thanks for replying. Let me know how you go on.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.