hyperthyroidism

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi i am a 25 year old female.

2 years ago i was doing some tests to make sure that everything was normal after the doctor accidentally gave me double dose of antibiotics. (Because of that mistake ive been experiencing constant bloating and digestive problems, candida)

Moving back to my point, The Blood test had shown my TSH level to be 0.21 which is below the normal range.

During these 2 years ive been experiencing the following symptoms:

Weight loss (about 3 kgs)

Fatigue

Memory loss

Stress

Late period

Scaly skin

Mood swings

Night sweats

Increased urination

Ive been also noticing strange vertical lines and ridges on my fingerprints. I want to know if anyone out there is facing the same problems.

I hate hospitals and icannot stand doctors because no one actually takes me seriously. They think im still too young and might actually be overreacting but I know something is not okay

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jess....  

Doctors !!    what do any of them know about Thyroid issues 

...  zero I would guess  !   as soon as I had my diagnosis of Graves' disease just over a year ago .,. my GP  said .....Oh don't worry  we can give you Radio active Iodine and make you Hypo .. and then you just take Thyroxine for the  rest of your life !!!   ... Great ! 

or, if not ... surgery to REMOVE your thyroid ! 🙀

a lose , lose situation.

So that was the day I decided to do it myself .. as I thought I had a perfectly good and healthy thyroid .. it was my immune system that was attacking 

it .. I said  maybe I can boost my immune system and it will stop doing that .....   MMMM  he said, No, it's much more complicated than that !

... Oh and for the record Jess ... your Doctors record , that is  !   

You can be born with Hyperthyroidism or graves disease... and yiu can get it in any year after birth ... probably till your about 80 , I'd think !!!

you'd think they would have learned that for the eight years or so that they studied to become doctors wouldn't you ... I learned that in a year!

...   anyway , so here I am Euthroid... ie ... normal 

because I set about taking supplements to make my immune system 

happy again   and to refill my body with all the minerals and vitamins that it lost , as my body was going at 100 miles an hour ..

i wont bore you with my symptoms ... but they were bad, very bad and I was heading for thyroid storm... and that IS bad.

today I'm feeling very good indeed ...   and you will too Luvvie .

just be strong, patient, 

come back on this site and this time print out your blood results .. people will look at that and give you an interpretation of your results..  to let you know what you should do next..

Its all about supplements ... I'll tell you what they are if your interested ..

just let me know ...  other people will pick up this  thread and give you good advice .. there's more knowledge about this subject on here than ANY doctor will ever tell you Jess.

so get the results and tell us what they are .

and we ll  go from there.

Good luck Luvvie 

Luv M x🌹

• Posted

Hi M

Well yeh id have to agree with you. Ive learned alot too within a year by doing my own readings and researches. And im glad i found this site because talking to people who are facing the same or similar issues helps alot more than talking to the docs who rarely care.

Im happy to know that you are feeling so much better now and I want to thank you alot for sharing your experience and for your encouraging words.

Will post my results whenever i get my tests done.

All the best

xx

• Posted

Your TSH value indicates you have hyperthyroidism.   You need more labs to define the cause of it.  Also you need meds to lower the excessive thyroid hormone in your body.  While you can also regulate this with supplements alone, I treated mine with a combination of both low dose prescribed meds and supplements.  If your doc does further testing on you, ask for a copy and keep a file on all your tests done.
  • Posted

Hi, that's sad to hear that you feel you are not taken seriously. Have you ever had any kidney issues? I'm not a medical professional, just trying to help.

• Posted

jess

I replied to your comment in the other discussion but I came across your discussion here.

I also have huge problems with candida, I'm convinced it's a graves/hyper related thing. In the last 2 years I've had thrush around 10 times.

Another symptom - premature greying of my hair (I'm 30, it's devastating for me and the psychological impact is huge. I've become more withdrawn socially, find myself making exuses to not go out and really hate when people are talking to me and their eyes are fixed on my greys. I know they're just being curious, but it offends me). I can't find any medical professional who will acknowledge these links though, so I can relate to your frustration and sense that you're not being taken seriously. 

• Posted

Katie ...

Your thyroid gland is very vital and is responsible for the good functioning

Of many areas of the body ..

Including nails , skin , hair ,

bones ... to name only a few

My toenails fell out

My head hair was falling out in handfuls , no eyebrows

No body hair ( at all )

And ... I had many more severe symptoms too

Underneath my blond dye I knew what hair I had was turned white 🙀

But once my Carbimazole treatment began to work I took lots of supplements Including Biotin

Google it and see how it works ..

I continue to colour my hair

Women , particularly feel the loss of their hair I think and it's awful to deal with ... I cried in the mornings trying to make the most of what I had to work with

You will improve .. with knowledge

And the correct meds and nutrients

I am now Euthroid after having Graves' disease and things are

Pretty much normal again

Be strong , be hungry for knowledge of your condition .. and be very positive... you will feel much better ... soon

Mx🌹

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.