CBT Tuesday

Posted , 2 users are following.

Tuesday I am seeing my CPN, it has been four weeks since I saw Him last.

It is part to do with my Conjenital Short Term Memory Concerns and my upsetting the Wife when I disappared out into the countryside several months ago. I feel in a field then because I became tired and I could not get back up. In a way I was lucky someone was passing and helped me up. In a way I was lucky as I fell on a footpath leading to a historic site and all could have been different if it happened now because of the cold.

I am really having problems now with my disability the body wants to get up and go while the disability just wants me to take it easy

We took Pax to the beach three times this week and today we walked along the promanade as the tide was in so after that I was shattered and needed to sit around for a time before I could go shopping then home.

Thank goodness for Black Friday we needed several things for the home and we seemd to do well out of it, although we had one nasty shock, the Central Heating oil tank needs to be replaced before Christmas. The season of good will strikes again as we arrange for builders to prepare a new foundation for the tank to nestle on, the old foundation is to old for todays posh one. It could not have happened at a worse time

B.

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi

Not really sure what to say as I;m not that good with words. I;m so glad someone was walking along that path and found you. Don't you carry a mobile phone in oyur pocket when you are out, there are apps as far as I know that you can set up with gps not that you would might want your wife checking where you are all the time lol but might be something to think about in case this happens again like you say especially as it is now getting cold.

hope you have a good meeting with your cpn next week and it is so nice that you are able to have a nice amble along the beach with your other half make the most of those special moments as you never know when they will stop. 

Hope you get your central heating sorted soon, I just put on another jumper as I can;t be bothered or sometimes too frightened to light my open fire due to past experiences with fire in the house when I was a child.

You look after  yourself and keep that dream of the boat going.

Tina x

• Posted

Thanks Tina

We live out in the wilds and have to go to the nearest hill to get any form of reception, we have just got a decent internet service up here and we are still one of only houses that have the speed around here.

I suffer depression and early this year I was loosing my short term memory. I had over five weeks of tests and scans looking for Dementia and it really put the wind up me. They confirmed that it was not dementia and I am now having to learn how to use my mid term memory for short term use. it is all very hard to do and when I look at the bloke on the hippo it makes me think hard what I am going through.

When I see my CPN my Wife has to be there to discuss how I am getting on and it can be a little trying to find out how I am doing as How I am is not how others see me

Just felt fragile earlier today, at least I can type.

Bxxx

• Posted

I know that feeling of lack of signal, I know a lot of places where to go for walks where I am and no signal so if I do do anything I know I cannot get help but I always thought that 999 should always get throug hwith signal or not could be wrong.

That must be so hard loosing your short term memory and trying to re programme your brain to use the mid term memory, all sounds very stressful to me which doesn't help I'm sure.

Hopeyou feel less fragile tomorrow. xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.