Quick question.

Posted , 2 users are following.

I had a perforated bowel coming up to 4 years ago in January. I've had ct scans colonoscopy and every 6 months getting my blood checked.

I went to the hospital on 30th November usual bloods taken and told I would have to get another colonoscopy in 2018 but if the blood was OK I wouldn't hear anymore. Came home from work today and there's a letter from the hospital saying I've to go back in a fortnight to get a colonoscopy.

My question is, am I looking to much into this, or is this normal practise?

Cheers

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Neither one of us knows BUT I would assume it is precautionary.

If it was something awful, they would have telephoned and said come now.

hugs

• Posted

I thought that as the blood tests wouldn't even be finished being looked at. I was told 6 months ago Iwould need another colonoscopy, but the nurse on wWednesdaynever mentioned this.

Thanks for your reply think I'm just worrying about nothing. I'llgive them a call on Monday to ask why? 😀😀😀

Cheers

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.