Post gallbladder removal symptoms?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi guys got my gb removed about a month ago, the 2 week recovery went fine. A couple days later i went for a run and felt little discomfort but nothing crazy, i went to bed and woke up an hour later with a fast heart beat. Couple days later i also got tingly hands and feet only right before i fall asleep which wakes me up. I never had anxiety before so i have a drs appt monday to see if it is. I also get super fatigued after that and can barely walk 1/4 mile. For work i stand and need to walk up to 10 miles a shift(hotel pool so im contantly running). My dr doesnt know what it is and im not sure if its related i thought i just post here because it only happened after the cholecysectomy.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi, Harrison--

From reading your e-mail, I understand that you had your gallbladder removed a month ago.  This was major surgery, though the incisions are small.  External incisions usually take about 6-8 weeks to heal, but internally, the stitches can take up to 6 months, depending on your age and other factors.

I think you are pushing yourself to recover, and your body is trying to tell you to slow down.

When I had my surgery, which was keyhole surgery, I was cautioned not to return to work for 3-4 weeks, and not to engage in any heavy lifting.

When you have your gallbladder removed, in addition to the physical trauma, your body's digestive system needs time to adjust.  A two week recovery period sounds over optomistic to me.

Best of luck to you! 

• Posted

Hi I get fast heart beat and anxiety symptoms , only since the operation. Also get light headed / dizzy, which I never had before and most annoyingly, blurred vision sometimes. My op was 5 years ago. But most people recover completely. Think its only ten percent who go on to have lasting troubles so don't despair.

I have to keep to a very strict diet too or suffer a lot. See other post on this forum. Hth

• Posted

I don't know for sure but maybe you did too much too soon. Had mine out yesterday and rhey told me to take it easy for 6 weeks. The outside wounds heal quite qyickly but i think the internal ones take a little longer. Hope all goes well.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.