DVT or Anxiety

Posted , 5 users are following.

DVT or Health anxiety. Ok I am 18 years old femalethat lives an extreme sedentary lifestyle. I am not active at all. (Basically immobile) I've been inactive since August. I am NOT on birth control and NEVER been. The only time I walk is when I go to the bathroom or kitchen. So about a month ago I noticed that one of my legs were bigger than the other, I won't say it was swollen but definitely bigger than the other. (Maybe weight gain?) So i jumped to conclusions and assumed DVT. Ever since then I couldn't DVT out of my mind. I was barely able to sleep and now recently I've gotten a slight pain in the back of my leg, and of course that sent me way over so now I'm convinced I have DVT/PE. I'm worried that it could be DVT because I am sooo inactive I barely move. But I'm not sure if it just all in my head or is this an emergency. Having anxiety is very conflicting because I can never know when it's serious or just in my head. I don't want to go to the hospital because then I'll worry the heck out of my mom and I rather not do that

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I have never heard of anyone putting on weight just on one leg. You do not say why you live such a sedentary lifestyle, are you ill? If you are sick one would assume you are beeing seen by a medical professional.  It sounds very much like a DVT and you need to get to the hospital urgently.  If it is a clot and piece breaks off, you could have a pulmonary embolism which is life threatening.  I have to say I find this a rather strange post. 
  • Posted

Is the leg hot to the touch>

Is the leg red?

What happens if you press your thumb deep into the back of your calf?

• Posted

It sounds to me like it could be a dvt. The swelling in one leg and pain in your calf are 2 indications that it could be. You really need to go to the Dr and explain your concerns. Better to be safe than sorry. Good luck.
  • Posted

I also have a sedentary lifestyle!since about march but before usually work and stuff and rather active. 'Y mind has played tricks on me before convincing myself that I have a dvt.

It's so frustrating I can't stand it. 'T leg isn't not swollen but I get cramps and pain in my left leg a lot.. and stabbing. Pains sometimes. No heat but sometimes that leg gets cold. 8'nscared to be active now because I'm worried if it is a dvt it would be bad ugh!!!

Did you get checked out?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.