What to expect?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all. I am having to come off of fluoxetine and am just wondering what to expect. I'm only on 10 mgs, for 10 weeks. I have read that Prozac is supposed to be the "easiest" to come off of but that isn't consistent with what I've seen on here. Hoping that my low dose will make it easier. Coming off of Lexapro and Paxil in the past both nearly did me in. Would appreciate any tips. Hope everyone is doing well.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I understand that flouextine is one of the easiest to come off but like all drugs they can cause withdrawal symptons. The withdrawal has too been done slowly and not cold turkey or rushed so take your time when you feel ready and follow your doctors advice.
  • Posted

Hi Jennifer,

I was in Fluoxetine Eleven years ago for around Six months, I was prescribed 20mg at the time. And had no issues coming off them, so you should be fine as well as being on the minimum dose shouldn't cause you any withdrawal problems. 😊

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.