Just took my 1st Citalopram.

Posted , 4 users are following.

I started on them today after being on fluoxetine. Ive been totally putnoff by some reads but just made myself take one.

Now i have an irrational feeling of impending doom *feeling already off to a bad start*

:story of...;s

xx

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

It's fine!! You'll get used to them. Don't let the posts freak you out.

Hang in there!

• Posted

Your right Melissa I was so down from reading people's bad Citalopram stories that I only searched for good stories which lead me here. I think we all need encouragement and support and to stay positive

• Posted

Debbie, I've been on 10mg for four years. It worked for me. It's a little rough at first but not horrible. It will pass.

Some of the stories on here are pretty scary. Now I did stop cold turkey at one point. Don't ever do that!!! Now, that was terrible. Wean off very slowly.

As I said, it helped me!!

• Posted

Yes when I took my first one my head was saying your going to feel bad but it was just my head and not all truth. I did feel a little nauseas after the first one but not after that. I hope it works for you like it did and is for me. You wil get there x
  • Posted

Hang in there. I am on 10mg day 8 starting to see those glimmers of me..I think the symptoms.are.just body adjusting, it can be a real struggle but also learning about yourself.
  • Posted

Totally over it now. Last time i felt like this i was 19 and coming uo on a pill in nightclub. (Im 41 now)

Day 3 and waiting to start dancin....

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.