Hip replacement pains

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi I have been on Warfrin for 12 weeks now after having my full hip replacement  through been on the operating table for 3hours and I am about to stop taking them do I have regular check ups to keep tabs on my levels also has anybody had sever pain in there joints 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I have pain in weight bearing joints that I blame on taking Warfarin  for AF as have many others. Once you stop it your INR goes back to 1 after a day or so,

I asume that you have been told to stop taking it. Initially I put the nlame on the Amaranth and E numbers in the 1mg tablets but that has been removed from them.

• Posted

Thanks Derek for your quick response I hope to come off the Warren on Tuesday I have been on them for 12 weeks when I last spoke to the nurse I was told no you don't get pain taking these dut I didn't have this pain before so hopefully fingers crossed this pain goes away 

Thanks again 

Gordon

• Posted

You are fortumate not to need it any longer.

Someone I know complained of pain in his knees. After he stopped Warfarin I asked if he felt any different. He said, No.

I asked him how his knees were and he said that they were better but he had not made the connection. 

• Posted

It's a known problem with warfarin...even though your GP will probably deny it.

My husband suffered for three years, but after many arguments he is now on Apixaban and so far has had no problems...fingers crossed

• Posted

Thank you so much for you quick response I see the blood nurse on Tuesday about coming of the warfarin I have been on for 12 weeks I only hope the pain I am in goes away after I stop them 

thanks agin

• Posted

In my case the NOAC's are contra indicated as I have a tissue aortic valve.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.