After taking two courses to treat H pylori, I feel relief in symptoms do i still have h pylori +ve?

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hey, Guys I am struggling everyday to improve my health as I just want to get rid of this punishment as I feel everytime pain slightly above my belly button. Last month I ate helicure pack to treat H pylori which was found in my blood test with 48.96 IGM which was positive thought below 40 is negative. After taking medication I went to the doctor he said " you have to take another course to eradicate h pylori which was based on clarithomycin,amoxil,klaricid and fasigyn after taking 2nd course now I feel relief in symptome like before I felt vomiting , the state of being so full after meal, insomnia, pain in shoulder plates. It has been relived but still i am feeling pain above my belly button. I again went for blood test this time again h pylori came positive with 44.96 blood test result. I asked dr to recommend me 1 more course to eradicate the h pylori. He said" now I can't give you further antibiotics because you already have taken two courses. Now, he has given me medicine for healing stomach wounds ITP, risek, gaviscon advance, and evion to treat ulcer caused by h pylori but my question is" will h pylori be always postive in my blood? I have found relief in symptoms but still having slight burining pain above my belly button. He has recommended me medicine for 3 weeks. It's my second week and I have found slight relieve in pain. Will it be improve after taking three weeks medicine? or is it necessary to negative h pylori even if you do not experience any symptom?

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Yes they can't check to see if it gone with a blood test. I had another endoscopy to find out. My H-PYLORI is gone for 4 months now but still dealing with ulcer pain. The only thing I've been given for the ulcers is acid reducer. Not as bad as 4 months ago but some pain is still there. Depends on what I eat.

• Posted

Has anything been said by your doctor about your serum B12 and serum Folate levels as any medication to reduce stomach acid may affect absorption of Vitamin B12 from your food?
    • Posted

He just said to take liquid b-12 or go in once a month for an injection. So , I do both. Hasn't said anything about folate. But my b-12 was pretty low.

• Posted

You need a healthy level of Folate as this gets used up and is essential to process the B12 you are supplementing and this can be obtained via your diet.

Rich sources of folate include spinach, dark leafy greens, asparagus, turnip, beets, and mustard greens, Brussels sprouts, lima beans, soybeans, beef liver, brewer's yeast, root vegetables, whole grains, wheat germ, bulgur wheat, kidney beans, white beans, lima beans, salmon, orange juice, avocado, and milk. 

However with your tummy troubles and medications it may be you will need to buy some folic acid 400µg tablets from your local chemist and take one a day for three or four months and then ask your doctor for both B12 and folate levels to be tested again.

What sort of "liquid B12" do you take? A spray?

• Posted

Eat almost everything on the list. I Take sublingual liquid complex . Actually feeling pretty good compared to how I felt 8 months ago. Thought I was gonna die. Now ? Maybe not !
    • Posted

Well done and I hope you continue to feel "pretty good".

I hope you can also eat a healthy diet of meat, fish, eggs, seafood, poultry and or dairy products as they are the only "natural" sources of Vitamin B12 and which of course go with all your lovely vegetables.

I've been receiving B12 injections every month for 45 years and I'm still "clivealive" at 75.

• Posted

Wonderful. I'm 70 years old. Only thing I wonder about is intrinsic factor. If it's gone I'll need the injections anyway.

• Posted

It took me 4 courses in total and my last course was 4 different antibiotics. Leave at least 2 months after finish course and do a stool sample then get results, nothing showed on blood tests for me. Good luck.
  • Posted

Sadly,antibiotics does not get rid of h.pylori.It just surpresses it for it to resurface at a later date when it is much stronger and can cause more damage like bleeding stomach and perforated stomach.

I had ulcers which I was not able to treat using antibiotics.Luckily for me,my dad is a herbalist and he gave me herbs which kills h.pylori bactera and some herbs have antioxidant property which is good for healing damaged stomach lining and controls acid levels.

But I dont know where you are,but if you were in my country(Kenya) I would gladly send you one because you seem to be in a lot of pain

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.