Infusions

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi, I am hoping to get impute on my question.  I take Oriencia by infusions.  The place I go to this nurse cannot seem to find any veins except veins on top of my hands. This has happened 2 times in 8 weeks.  Now I noticed several weeks ago that the RA is getting bad around my knuckles and I am wondering if doing the veins in my hands is causing it.  Anybody have an idea?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

You may want to give yourself this medication by shots every week.  If you don't like needles you can buy an auto-injector that holds the needle inside and you push a button.  That way you never have to see the needle go in.   I don't have anything more going on out of the ordinary this medicine.  It is a good one. 

• Posted

I wish I could do that but being in the US I am on Medicare and the only thing  they will pay for 100% is infusions.  
  • Posted

Hi

my cannula is always put on top of hands too and no ill effect, but mine is every 6 months. I guess it's worth mentioning next time though

• Posted

well, every time I go she tells me that she can't find any other vein to put it in. I had to leave the last infusion center because my doctor retired and they were wonderful, they never used my hands, they could always find a vein to use  I am in the process of trying to go to another infusion center, hope it will be better.

• Posted

I had a Bard power port surgically implanted...no more turniquets, no mire pokes in my sore hands, no more let's stick you here!

I love my power port!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.