Neck pain, headaches? Could it all be from sinusitis?

Posted , 5 users are following.

For almost 3 years now I've had terrible neck pain that goes into my shoulder, headaches, brain fog and slight pressure in my face and around my eyes when I would wake up in the morning. It's mainly only on the right side of my head. Then came unexplained tachycardia. Most recently I got a ct that stated I have extensive chronic sinusitis. Could sinusitis be causing all my symptoms?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I am not sure about all of the symptoms but if you looked up the symptoms of chronic sinusitis there are a wide range different symptoms that vary from person to person
  • Posted

I had all of your symptoms for six months. Along with those symptoms I felt depressed, anxious, sick to my stomach, cold, hot, and sooooooooo tired all of the time. I finally saw a good ENT and he found an infection in my sphenoid sinus. I was not congested, so I figured I didn't have a sinus infection. A chronic sinus infection can indeed give you all those stumptoms. The ones you listed are indicative of a sphenoid infection. Did they treat you with antibiotics. I am hoping the meds they put me on work. Only on my first day. Lots of saline nasal rinses too! Best of luck and keep us all posted.

• Posted

Have the same thing. Neck pain and shoulder pain , face pain ow, and around temple-ear pain. Moved to Florida 5 years ago and the symptoms started year 3. AC in the car does not help, I guess makes the chronic sinus problem worse. Allergies seem to be the culprit, especially mold. I moved to a new apartment, there is mold in the AC and for the past 3 months I have a flu! Flu like symptoms with severe headaches. I got so extremely anxious and depressed I can barely live. Last year, in spring I had severe tachycardia with the ear and sphenoid congestion plus vertigo.  Did i mention constant dizziness?  Before the move to Florida I never had any sinus issues or allergies. I could not turn on the AC in the car on my face though, because I would get a headache. So they were possibly sensitive. I am not sure what will happen to me because this is worse than death!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.