Occupational health officer,help or not?

Posted , 2 users are following.

After 5 long years of chronic back pain my work requested that I see the occupational health officer.

During the visit she questioned my long term therapy, was very challenging in her approach and felt that she needed additional information from my GP and Physiotherapist.

Over the years I have requested other colleagues attend OH but for reasons to support them return to work or aid them in their work activities.

This visit ,as put by my GP,seemed to have been staged and had under currents pertaining to my ability to undertake my work activities.

I very much understand that they have to give some informed advice however I always understood that they were there to support the individual return to work or advise on MSD aids etc. I never expected to be put through the interview in a way as to make me feel like giving it all up!

Has anyone else had similar experiences?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I am in the USA...this practice sounds barbaric.

We have HIPA, and we have the American's With Disabilities Act.

You may not discriminate against a disabled American.

• Posted

Good to hear from you thanks for responding. In the UK we have the Equality act however it seems to somd that a disability gives them rights to bully and discrimination. My GP we furious.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.